Why does using Surface Music App feel like going to the dentist? So so bad these engineers should be fired.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by cannga, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cannga

cannga Pen Pal - Newbie

Why is this music app so, so, so bad? Am I missing something? I am not a computer expert, just a "regular" user, and I am having so much difficulty with this app it's laughable. The music app is not only not user friendly, in fact it is ANTI HUMAN. So cumbersome, so counter-intuitive.

I use itunes for music I have on hard disc, and Pandora for music streaming, and this is how 99% of regular people do at work, and I would imagine everywhere in the US. I can't come close to either of these 2 functions with the music app.

Enough of the mild rant :p, the latest thing is that how come it doesn't play free streaming music anymore? For example if I click on Kanye West or whatever, the small screen comes up, with the arrow play button. You would think that music would come on when I click that, but nothing. To add insult to injury, all you get is the fairly stupid ad of the 2 guys in some kind of fur outfit, over and over.

Did something change because when I first had the RT, it used to play some streaming music?
    Microsoft engineers if you are reading this, you are getting a huge failure grade and you can't do this against the likes of Apple and Google. No excuse at all especially when there are pioneers for you to imitate and to know what works for people, what doesn't.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. borna761

borna761 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

Streaming music plays without a problem on my desktop and my Surface Pro. Perhaps uninstall then reinstall the app?

I love that you can play entire albums and discographies with this app so it has value to me. Because I have the subscription I can download all I want as well. Having said that the UI is unnecessarily cumbersome and it doesn't always tag my existing library properly.

They do intend to streamline the UI with Windows Blue, as Borna761 mentioned. I'm looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.