Why did my tx2000 come with this little crap stylus?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ownaginatious, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ownaginatious

Ownaginatious Pen Pal - Newbie

I got this tx2000 (the one without the finger-print reader and all that crap), and the stylus it came with clearly isn't the wacom one pictured on the website and in the online manuals. This stylus is half chrome silver, and half black. At first I thought they gave me the wrong stylus, but in the instruction booklet that explained how to install the stylus, the computer pictured was identical to mine. This stylus also does not stay in, it just falls out of the slot whether it is injected or not. The crappy little string is the only thing keeping it attached.

I can't even find the stylus I got online.... wtf is going on?

P.S. This one appears to just be a piece of plastic, no active touch or whatever.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

So contact HP & tell them you got the wrong stylus and have them send you the correct one.

3. Stinger1988

Stinger1988 PennState-Junior

a little off topic but does anyone know if they make an aftermarket stylus for the tx2500, i mean nothing is wrong with this one just wanted to know if there was anything else?

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

when you say aftermarket stylus' what do you mean?

If you searched the forum you would see that there are several compatible pens for the tx2500, they will not fit in the silo however.

Shogmaster has mentioned SEVERAL TIMES the following list of compatible Wacom Pens:

- PL500, PL600, Cintiq 15X, 17SX, 18SX, PenPartner, Art Z II, Intuos 1 and Sony LX900~920

These Pens are compatible across the tablet pc's that use wacom's active digitizer's.

5. newooub

newooub Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.