Why Did I Get A Negative Against My Reputation>>>

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by P8RSON, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biocmp

biocmp Pen Pal - Newbie

PLease someone tell me how I got a "lame comment" sent against me!!

And who is allowed to do that?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Any registered member is allowed to do that, as to why someone negatively rated your reputation is questionable. There are those who approve of your post, and therefore they positively rate you for your reputation, there are those who may disagree with your post and negatively rate you for you reputation. As to what post that may be, one will have to do a bit of searching back on your posts or perhaps the one who negatively rated you will come in and speak about it.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've checked back through your posts and can not find anything negative.

Can you follow anything up in a personal message.
    Obviously, if you feel you have been mistreated, you will be represented and any information will be investigated.

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Even if you did nothing wrong, there are people who troll posts when they are angry just to give negative feedback. I have received multiple ones in the notebookreview.com forum. The only solution is to give negative feedback in return to the person who gave it to you, but that's kind of lame anyway (I don't do it).

I don't think the tabletpcreview forums let you know who posted the negative feedback, which makes my retribution idea kind of ridiculous.

5. biocmp

biocmp Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I'm calmer now. If someone wants to be petty and give me negative feedback, I don't mind. I thought it was an admin who gave it to me. I thought I had done something against forum policy and I was searching for what it was.

Thank you for the help!

6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

You would know when an Admin gives you an Infraction - it's rather different than feedback, which everyone can give and receive.

7. P8RSON

biocmp,
    You will now notice your 'reputation' colour has changed from Red to Green.

This is because I have reset and given you a reputation score of 1 (in effect 2 as it's taken you from minus 1 to a plus 1).

8. biocmp

biocmp Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I appreciate it.

9. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

P8RSON rocks... I have a couple like that that i dont agree with, but you dont have to go and fix them. I dont mind really, sometimes negative feedback and critisism can be a good thing. It can help you improve. Of course a lot of the negativity isnt deserved, but that is to be expected on a forum with anonymous users. Anyone here could be a mean, nice, murderous, giving, depressed, happy person. Anything can happen really!

Unfortunately more people couldnt be as nice or as helpful as P8RSON for example...

10. P8RSON

Why thank you Chris.

You'll have me blushing next....[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.