why can't I connect an ad hoc network with asus vivotab smart tablet me400c

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kcaegis45, Jan 14, 2014.

1. kcaegis45

kcaegis45 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the Asus tablet me400c running on win 8. It can connect infrastructure WiFi networks but it can't connect ad hoc networks specifically WiFi WEP tethered network. I can select the ad hoc network but it won't connect. It asks for the password and if I want to share the connect. It just tries to connect but just times out. Does anyone knows how I can connect an ad hoc network specifically a WiFi wep tethered network. Or why it doesn't connect? Is it windows 8 or the Broadcom WiFi adapter or drivers, etc...and why. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. genebopp

genebopp Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any apple device involved? If so, give up..... If not, try setting the wifi to be an open network with no password and see if you can connect. If you can do it with an open unsecured network you might get it work. But you have to start somewhere.

3. kcaegis45

kcaegis45 Pen Pal - Newbie

No apple devices. I read it has something to do with the WiFi adapter/driver. I've tried WEP tethering it to surface RT, android tablets and it either can't see the ad hoc network or can't connect. It did work on a surface pro tablet and win 8 laptop and Ipad. Anyone out there that has a Asus me400c tablet, can you tether (using WEP security) an ad hoc network to your tablet?