Who's the first to install Windows 10 on S3?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Azule, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azule

Azule Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone done it yet? (obviously I'm talking preview or 10240) I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet on the forums (or if you have I missed it!). If you have done it, how's the touch interface? I can only find Surface Pro 3 reviews and they all talk about mouse and keyboard functions. I'm anxious to give it a whirl. 4 days!

2. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I installed it and it was working ok, I will be honest in tablet mode I prefer win 8.1.... but my Win 10 crashed when it tried to install a surface 3 firmware update and I had to go back to win 8.1. Because it was so close to launch the windows insider site would not let me get the install to put back win 10 so just waiting ....

the main thing I loved was the xbox one streaming features .... but being honest here win 10 needs a LOT of work. even the mail app SUCKS compared to the win 8.1 version. hell you can't even disable conversation view on the win 10 one just yet

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I've been running it without issue other than some of our Corporate APs don't like the June Update to the Marvell WLAN Adapter so I need to run the OOBE version (March IIRC).

4. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been running it on my ATT Surface 3 with LTE. Its been OK, except cannot control brightness at all, and screen does not turn off when the keyboard cover is closed. also edge browser still makes it jittery. still happy its very productive for me, even with the paltry 2gb ram. can even run skyrim at 800x600 from the microsd storage at 30fps or so no less.

5. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody has a proposed fix for the display issues for the surface 3 let me know. And I'm running the final build with all available updates so far.

6. Romer

Romer Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you saying it runs faster that windows 8?

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nobody yet? I'm tempted but I'm way too busy this week to be experimenting.

8. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been following a Dutch site the entire morning and if I hear the problems people have, I'll wait a bit longer...

9. Azule

Azule Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm downloading the ISO from MS's site. I've got 6 PCs in the family so I'm thinking this is the fastest way to get it done. However, I think my S3 will be 3rd or fourth on the list. As much as I want it, I am hesitant to lose my 8.1 touch interface. I'll let you know when I pull the trigger.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I'm super busy too, but I couldn't resist the temptation to experiment. (I set up my USB recovery stick over the weekend). I don't rely on my S3 as my one and only though, if I did I probably wouldn't be installing right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.