whoa whoa whoa...

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SimsHsia, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sfef84

Sfef84 Pen Pal - Newbie

OK.... this has happened three times...
    My computer screen randomly goes dark (it does not turn completely off, just doesn't show anything) and I have to turn my computer off and then back on. Here is what I found from my log report:

Have any of you heard or seen this?
    How do I fix it?

Attached Files:

2. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm guessing you had put (or the machine just went) to sleep and you were trying to wake it? If so, maybe a driver is out of whack. When machines sleep and wake, it's the drivers that get the chore of re-initializing connections to devices and generally resetting most of the machine's state from the sleep mode. Have you added any new/updated drivers for your existing hardware or do you have any additional hardware installed and/or connected to your machine when this happens? If so, try disconnecting everything extra and see if you get it. Maybe older drivers that aren't entirely Vista compatible for an older device you might have had before getting this machine? Just thinking out loud so I hope this helps some..

3. Sfef84

Sfef84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply.... I guess it has been a month since I had the problem and all of a sudden it started again....
    I rarely have my lifebook connected to anything but my printer and I use my USB drive quite a bit. The screen goes black at random times... when I am surfing the web, taking notes. To answer your question before, it never happens when I am waking or putting the computer to sleep. I will be able to see my mouse, but nothing else. I have my Fn+B (on the screen) buttons to turn my display off. When it goes black, I can still use the function to turn the screen on/off but nothing happens. I am getting kind of concerned because once it goes black, I have to restart the dang thing. Thanks!

4. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

Next time this happens, check the Hard Drive Activity indicator. If it's flashing, this most likely means your system is going into sleep mode. Which would in turn mean your system randomly goes into Sleep mode.

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi Sfef84,

Could you go into the Diagnostic-Performance logs? It's in the Event Viewer, expand Applications and Services Logs, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, expand Diagnostic-Performance, expand Operational. Some of the listings there might explain the possible problems when the system is going into sleep then waking up; e.g. time until it sleeps, until it wakes up, etc.

In any case, I'll refer you to this post, which I based the instructions above off of (since I'm not using Vista, yet): http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/181004.aspx

I suggest looking at mikinho's third reply on how to log the advanced power state to pinpoint the exact problem, if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.