Who would like me to do the following.

Discussion in 'Linux on Tablet PC Forum' started by Kyle Porter, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

After a long night of trial and error, i got kubuntu 64 bit (KDE) to work on my 2710p FLAWLESSLY.

Tablet, screen rotation, button support, everything working.

Now i was wondering who would want me to explain a walk through on what i did as to help others out. I will only do it if there is a bunch of people who want it, as it is fairly in depth.

KPVIC

2. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

I would :)

Although I am running a dual boot of Vista/FreeBSD, the userland configuration should be pretty much the same. However, it might be a good idea to create the tutorial/manual on the ubuntu wiki? (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/) and link to it from here?

3. Kyle Porter

I was hoping for more then one person wanting to know how....

I will give it a few more hours and see if anyone else wants it. Once you know what your doing, it's not all that hard.

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Because I don't have a HP, don't use Linux at the moment, don't have time in the next weeks and see no benefit in Linux on a tablet I won't install Linux on my tablet PC the next few weeks.

BUT: Because I have a lot to do with Unix/Linux based computers at my university, I like the idea to play around with Linux and software which only works on Linux, and plan to upgrade my hard disk in the next few weeks and then, maybe in two months or so, try Linux on a second partition I would want to use a 64bit Linux edition and thus would need the Pen drivers for a 64bit system, and maybe other hints for installing a 64bit Linux.
    And so I would be happy if someone who did this already could explain what to do and how I can install and use a working 64bit Linux distribution on a tablet PC.

PS: And if the admins are still alive here, they could create, as you requested already, a Linux subsection which would contain such useful informations.

5. Kyle Porter

okay, i now have two people who want this done. I will try to finish it by the end of tonight.

Lately i have run into compatibility issues with WINE and office 2007. Still Need to iron out all the errors.

6. Kyle Porter

UPDATE

My linux distro started acting up on me and conked out the pen support. I went back and looked into the xorg.conf file where i initially did the changes and they have all been reverted. Only problem is has locked me out and wont give me admin rights.

Will update when fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.