Who to contact if you have an issue with your R1F

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mattj, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

Now he might not appreciate this, but I'm doing it anyway.

Andrew Hao, is supposedly the top service engineer for Asus (can't be sure exactly, but when he asks someone to do something, they listen)

If you have any problems with your R1F. Contact him directly and he will get some people on the job to have a look at and fix the problem. If you mention that a lot of people are experiencing the problem, then he won't just have your parts replaced, he'll have a look at the real issue.

He just needs to be informed, by all of us, what is actually going wrong.

So here's Andrew Hao's email :

andrew_hao AT asus DOT com DOT tw

And please be nice, respectful and patient. They will fix your problems, but it might take a little time.

You might also have to send your machine back, but if ur nice they will take care of you, even fixing things that aren't strictly covered under warranty. I had 2 things that weren't covered under warranty that they replaced. They said that they would take care of it because I have been a pleasure to deal with.

This is all you need to do. Contact Andrew n be nice about it. Then your problems will eventually be fixed. They won't deny it's a problem or ignore your emails or pretend that the problem is "you".

Now this is Asus's first tablet. There is still some teething issues, albiet big ones for some people. But it was like that for Fujitsu's, Acer's, Toshiba's, Gateways etc etc 1st and even 2nd n 3rd in some cases.

Fujitsu's first couple of tablets had issues and it was only until their 3rd or 4th that they stated to get really good.

Lets just give Asus a chance here. Help them iron out the issues with their first one, so that they are fixed n we can enjoy the first version as if it is the 2nd or 3rd generation. N when the 2nd gen comes out it will be just that much better!

Lets just let them know whats going on n we can enjoy our R1F's or R2H's the way they were initially intended to be.

I can't keep telling them new issues that arise, cause I feel guilty. They have already helped me soo much! I don't wanna seem like i'm nagging.

So help us all out. Get involved.

But most of all BE NICE! :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

I may have to contact him if this John fellow wont respond to me over email. (its been a week!) WTF!

3. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

Contact Andrew. he's really very helpful.

I emailed him yesterday to thank him for fixing all of my major problems and also mentioned that when the tech recalibrated my battery, in an attempt to fix it, added an extra 5% wear to it, which now totals 8%. (which accounts for about 15 mins of run time)

I sent him links to the software we use to check our battery wear (batterymon n NHC) and also sent him links to threads on this forum in relation to it.

He personally wasn't aware of this issue and i was a little concerned with whether this issue not only affects R1F users but other asus notebooks of a simliar size. Nobody wants a recall of all their batteries. aka Dell :p

Here's his current response :

So they don't seem to know about this battery problem in China, n i think a lot of people have just been getting low level employees who just think the batteries are faulty n will replace them or just try to recalibrate them.

Something is going to get done about this.

As for the static i still have it, but i can remove it with a pair of earphones that have an analog volume control.

But I do have a paid of portable speakers (tiny ones) that don't come with a power adapter, that produce static when plugged in.

Also on my old desktop I have a 5.1 speaker system which is FREAKIN loud(but a much cheaper brand. Altec Lansing), n i often found when i plugged in the earphones, and turned up the volume up to 80%, I could hear the same type of Static.

With the fact that by using the analog volume control, that I can actually remove static noise completely, i'm wondering if a lot of this relates to the internal speakers of the system being "boosted" beyond what they are normally meant to run at in order for the speakers to sound louder and seem more useful?

I'll pose this question to Andrew in my next email and i'm praying that, that might go some way to helping them to fix the darn things.

Will keep everyone posted.