Who has the fastest boot time (tx2500)?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by gekk_gad, Mar 19, 2009.

?

How long does it take your tx2500 to completely boot up (from power on to all the tray icons loaded)

1. <30 seconds

10.8%
  2. 30 - 45 seconds

29.7%
  3. 1 minute - 1.25 minutes

24.3%
  4. > 1.25 minutes

35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number2jcb

number2jcb Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been investigating mine a lot recently.

It takes 18 seconds for vista loading page to come up.
    I watch the green bar cross for 20 seconds. It was 10, but when I installed the south bridge drivers, it jumped to 20.
    Fingerprint login in about 7 more seconds.
    and in about 15 seconds everything is ready to go.

Total time has been around 60-75 seconds. I have a 120 GB SSD, Clean Vistax64 install. I haven't disabled any services yet.

2. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

You can check your boot times on Vista using the event Viewer. Here's how.

• Click on Start > type "event viewer" > Press [Enter]
    • Navigate to:
      Applications and Services Log > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance
    • Double Click on "Operational"

Boot times will be under Task Category "Boot Performance Monitoring"

My latest boot time was 59sec.

Here is a screenshot where you can more easily see how to navigate there:

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. tahoe916

tahoe916 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's pretty nifty, my C2D at 4.5GHz and 8GB ram booted in 9 secs haha. Awesome. My laptop on the other hand took 77 secs. =/

4. jsnorman

jsnorman Chicago Lawyer

40 seconds with ALL default Vista x32 services enabled, and including Everntoe, Virus scanner (ESET), fingerprint program, pen flicks, Bria (Voip), Tc Center Pro, and the standard ATI/Realtek services.

I have the 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram tx2500z. The secret sauce is my Intel X25-M drive which ROCKS. Before upgrading to the X25, I had 1.5-2.0 minute boots.

5. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

I'll probably get an SSD 1st or 2nd quarter next year and throw it in as the main drive, but i wouldn't suggest a 7200rpm hdd... the tx has enough heat issues as is!

6. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

nice find, but what does "IsDegradation" mean you have false but i have true, does'nt sound too good. :confused:

btw mines says 71940ms boot and Shutdown 54228

ps i htink this includes time it takes to swipe finger scanner, casue some of my other boot times are up to 10 seconds faster while others are 30 seconds slower (must have cut my finger and tried 10 times before just typing my password in...:D )

7. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

IsDegradation True means that there is a program resulting in performance degradation in the startup process. Some program that starts automatically is taking longer than usual. I sometimes get that when I click on firefox before the system finishes loading.

Your shutdown time is LONG! mine is only 9231ms.

I do not have fingerprint reader so that probably does account for the extra seconds on your boot time.

I also have a bunch of services disabled, disabled TMM, disabled Windows Defender, and my only startup programs are: Avast AV, Synaptics Touchpad, Audio, and QuickLaunch button. I don't know how some people get ~30sec of boot time, unless they are only counting the time in the windows loading screen.

8. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd like to hear a response to the issue with 7200 drive adding to heat issues in this notebook. Anyone have one in theirs willing to share?

9. tahoe916

tahoe916 Pen Pal - Newbie

It really won't be noticeable, its an incremental increase in heat over a 5200 rpm drive and the IGP, chipset, and proc create so much that it will negate any from the HD. If you were to start up a flame thrower next to the sun you arent going to notice an increase in temp you know? =)

10. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

Makes sense. Thanks. I no longer have a longing to buy one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.