Who has successfully installed win xp on the fujitsu t4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by aylmer, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aylmer

aylmer Pen Pal - Newbie

HI thank you for your comprehensive reply.
    Could i check with you how did you package nlite together?
    OR do you just run the setup and when it asks for the drivers you just loaded it in? I selected something like ICHT8 SATA without the RAID option?

i have repackaged the cdrom with the xp Sata drivers i downloaded from fujitsu but to no avail.

The files i have are
    DPInst32
    Iaahci.cat
    iaahci.inf
    iastor.inf
    iastor.cat
    iastor.sys
    license
    txtsetup.oem

I have also put them on a floppy, rebooted with the XP CD rom and with the floppy (after pressing f6) managed to see the drive to install it but still get stuck at this intel matrix manager. It will keep asking for it down the installation and halts the install and exits.

How big is your XP disk partition? is 40GB too big?

Also, if i may ask, where was your source of the sata drivers? any chance you can send them to me at happyaylmer@yahoo.com?

i have created the partition and soon going to use vistaboot. I think that was a very easy method of dual booting.

i have also tried VMware which is also a nice solution but having problems with the network linkages. the native and bridged doesn't work well and if you use a 3G modem, it just doesn't pass through from vista to xp because the modem doesnt have vista drivers!

arrrgh. this is driving me crazy. :(

2. Kaiser2000

Kaiser2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have spent the last 4 weeks with FSC tech support (not very impressed with their level of service I have to say) and our account manager trying to get this issue resolved.

Finally on Friday last their 2nd level guy suggested that the problem might be with the USB floppy diskette drive I'm using (a Sony MPF88E) as he said it mght not support DOS TEXT, so he overnighted me a FSC USB Floppy drive (FPCFDD16B) which I've now attached and successfully managed to use to load XP Tablet Edition onto this laptop using the SATA drivers on their website.

Hope this helps! :)

3. kennyzeng

kennyzeng Pen Pal - Newbie

my english is poor
    disable sata in bios
    install win xp
    install sata dirver
    enable sata in bios
    reboot
    system found new hardware,locate you install the driver
    but if you have fujitsu oem tablet xp for T4020,this is best choice.my version is chinese version .sorry.

4. kennyzeng

kennyzeng Pen Pal - Newbie

if you need help ,add my msn,:kenny_zeng@hotmail.com,this question i can help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.