Who got their Fujitsu Q550 today? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Techgeek32, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgh1969pa

pgh1969pa Scribbler - Standard Member

I heard that the Motion CL900 was shipping out of Taiwan and not Japan. Mine arrived in the US on 6/23 and was shipped out to me on the same day.

2. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll be very interested to know has the CL900 compares to the Q550. Seems like it's several hundred dollars more expensive, but much more rugged. Size and weight are very close. Gotta know how the processor speed and video playback compares.

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Interesting you should ask this:

RobBushway.com

I haven't read it yet but the Q550 has a 16:10 screen and the CL900 has a 16:9. The Motion has a pen garage and the Q550 doesn't.

4. mittmark

Thanks, good reads and honest reviews in those articles.

I solved the pen silo issue with my zippered folio (with pen sleeve) described in an earlier post.

5. Frozenfish

Frozenfish Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I just got mine yesterday.

Something I noticed regarding YouTube Videos...

They (the 480 ones) run smoother in fullscreen if you DISable hardware acceleration in the flash settings of your browser

right click on the video -> settings ... who knows why

I was not really able to click on it in the menu, had to attach a mouse for it.

Fastest browser for me so far is Opera, unfortunately there is no flash in Opera Mobile yet.

Can someone tell me how to get to the onscreen keyboard? The so called language bar keeps appearing and disappearing randomly for me

6. mittmark

I tried disabling hardware acceleration and to me there is no difference. Even at 360p, the YouTube videos on the Q550 are hesitant and choppy.

7. Frozenfish

Frozenfish Pen Pal - Newbie

As mentioned this was in fullscreen only. The first few seconds are still choppy. But if I let it run for a few seconds it looks smoother to me w/o Hardware Acceleration, although it shouldn't.

Since I cannot explain this - imo it should be faster with hardware aceleration - I think this really is a driver issue.

8. simpleatsh

simpleatsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, greetings. I am about to pre-order the Q550 from a Chinese domestic outlet, just few questions before I do that:

1. how is the inking performance compared to Wacom based tablets? let's say the EP121. I know techgeek32 mentioned that the experience is comparable to Wacom, would love to hear more earlier adopters comments on this.

2. how is the backlight evenness? I had some bad experience with the ASUS eeepad transformer, which I think left me scarred for life. :)

3. Did anybody tried running sketching software on this tablet like Sktechbook or ArtRage? would like to know how well the pressure sensitivity performs in this kind of softwares.

That's it, thanks ahead for your kind reply and have a nice day!

9. poof

poof Pen Pal - Newbie

10. TheVoid

TheVoid Pen Pal - Newbie

That was fun. Worked perfectly. Very responsive no lag or observable performance issues and I am working on battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.