Who got their Fujitsu Q550 today? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Techgeek32, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

No, but thats a good question as i've made that mistake before.
    It has the sparkles , but it's at a minimum. These days with the clear glass trend it's more noticeable.

2. rhouck

rhouck Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to toss together a few quick things last night.

WEI:
    [​IMG]

Night Viewing Angle:
    [​IMG]

Day Viewing Angle:
    [​IMG]

Wireless N File Copy Speed
    [​IMG]

Videos:
    Nuance Trace Keyboard: YouTube - ‪Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 - Nuance Trace Keyboard‬‏
    Standard Keyboard: YouTube - ‪Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 - Standard Keyboard‬‏
    Pen Input: YouTube - ‪Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 - Pen Input‬‏
    Web Browsing: YouTube - ‪Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 - Web Browsing‬‏

Note: I am a HUGE Youtube video novice... :eek: so I am sorry about background music, lack of rotation (for videos that should really be portrait rather than landscape), etc. Also I took these while holding a regular digital camera in my left hand while trying to operate the tablet, propped up in my lap, with my right hand. So sometimes my fumbling is a result of trying to just see what I am doing and still keep the viewfinder somewhat on target :p

If there are other specific things people would like to see, I will try to accommodate requests (and I am open to constructive criticism/tips regarding "production value" ;) )

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Well, first, the videos were very helpful for me. Thanks!

Never used a slate before, eh? New to the TIP? Here is a tip on the TIP that may help you...you went back and corrected Note to note. You clicked on the word 'Note' and tried to change the 'N' to an 'n' and ended up with an 'r.' Next time look at the words above the letters (alternates to what it interpreted you wrote). Chances are that there is a word 'note' already there. One click and you are done.

Now a general comment on the touch performance your video shows on the 'browsing' video. TPCR is not a good one to demo this on...your touch performance and response is exactly what I get using my T580. TPCR, GottaBeMobile, engadget.com, and most flash based advertising intensive sites have very poor touch response.

Overall, pretty impressive for that mighty little device!

4. poof

poof Pen Pal - Newbie

So the consensus is the internals cant be accessed? So once these flakey ssd's die the whole thing is kaput?

Id like to see some screens of the bios menus.

5. rhouck

rhouck Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tip :cool: I've done that before, but figured a single letter fix would be faster; not sure how it guessed that letter so poorly. I still have to go and personalize the handwriting and see if that improves accuracy as well.

If there are specific sites that people would like to see navigated via touch, I can try to look at a few.

Semi-related, the USA Today news app is very slick. Really shows how clean navigation can be and hopefully Win 8 capitalizes on the idea nicely!

Not sure why you are so concerned about SSD failure :confused: But yes, that may be the case.

BIOS screens:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

Everything that closes can be opened, just look at an iPhone for proof, all it is going to take is someone willing to void their warranty. The SSD and maybe wifi card are the only thing I would expect to find that have detachable connections, I assume to make the .6 inch thick size everything else is soldered down.

7. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you rhouck. It felt like reading about something in the dark, but now I can get more of a sense of what it's like.

I wonder if anyone has tested it outside in sunlight?

8. poof

poof Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the screens. A shame they didnt allow the usb ports to be disabled in the bios, i thought this was supposed to be a business class tablet.

9. TheWolfen

TheWolfen Pen Pal - Newbie

I have. I found it quite readable in sunlight, even direct. I turned the brightness to 25% and it was sufficient, although most people might prefer to set it a bit brighter. The screen is one of my favorite features.

10. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

I think the screen is convincing me keep this thing, despite how slow it is. In fact, other than the speed, it's a really great machine and cheap for a 10" Windows tablet.

By the way, I'm not finding a big difference from setting the minimum processor speed to 100%. The only thing I've done that has really helped the speed is to switch from the default aero scheme to the basic Windows 7 scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.