Whitest possible background for notes?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by neonnoodle, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

Sere2001,
    your dvt_check is the problem.
    First of, it is not supposed to have any file extension, i e the file name is only dvt_check, not dvt_check.txt.

Second, the file contained no row breaks, i e all commands were on one line.

On another note, you can name your templates whatever you want, the APS-prefix is only something I made up to identify my own templates, it is not necessary to make the template actually work.
    /Ramses

Attached Files:

2. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi all,

The dvt_check file should have unix formatted line breaks (LF). If you are working on a Windows computer, you will need a text editor that understands the difference between unix based line breaks (LF) and windows based line breaks (CR LF).

If you just edit the file in Windows with Notepad, the file will be corrupted, since notepad ignores the LF when the file is opened and inserts CR-LF when you hit [Enter].

pb

3. Sere2001

Sere2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

already thought s.th. like that, as the templates did not work / get moved onto sd card, when only using my dvt_check, but using the console on the eeeNote works perfectly well.

thank you so much, especially ramses :)

regards

4. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

More template files...

I have made some templates for the Note. I'm posting them here in case anyone finds them useful.

Quad 5x5
    The first template is Quadrille 5x5mm with a white background. The Note already has some squared templates, but I have scaled this so that the squares appear 5x5mm on the screen. This is the type of paper I normally take notes on, so it works well for me. Because it is squared you can write in portrait or landscape orientation.

NoteSkine
    The second templates are for people who like an analogue flavour to their digital note taking, and is based on the world's most popular journals. I've called it NoteSkine - geddit? :D There is a cover, a left-hand and right-hand plain page in portrait orientation, and two-up pages in landscape orientation.
    Enjoy...

Installation
    The templates are available from available from the Eee Note package manager QtPacker.
    1. Click on Update to update the package list.
    2. Select the template you want.
    3. Click on Install.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Ramses800

We should create a repository somewhere to keep all the templates people are making.
    Like on freenote.org or something(pb, what do you say about that?)

6. Ramses800

Added even more templates in my pack, see my signature for links
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. chris-lawrence

chris-lawrence Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been wanting a whiter graph paper.

Thanks for your efforts.

8. martin8x8

martin8x8 Pen Pal - Newbie

It works great,
    thanks!

9. Rakshasa

Rakshasa Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks, first, I wanted to thank you for posting these templates for the eee here! Great deal!

Second, I wonder about the following: For me, the EA800 seems rather dark, especially the note templates - the templates from Ramses helped here a bit. But - the background color of the "saving user data" message, the eee note pops up on saving, seems to me even more white than the template.

Is there a possibility to get this kind of clear bright white into a note template? :confused:

10. Ramses800

@Rakshasa
    While its too quick to catch the difference on that pop-up, I am fairly certain that it is not whiter, the note itself are grayed down when the pop-up is shown and creates the illusion. If you for instance, display the "Select template" pop-up or in particular, the "Change name of note" pop-up, it is easier to see that they are the same white.
    But I would love to be wrong on this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.