Whitest possible background for notes?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by neonnoodle, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sere2001

Sere2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

there are 3 files, as you said, when transferring them to the sd card and booting the eee note, the vector files were generated. but nevertheless, the ee note does not seem to recognize the files, as they do not show up in the list of the usable templates. I rebooted the eee note a dozen times or more, and the new templates is still not usable / showing in the list. any ideas? do I have to rename the folder itself? or just keep booting the device until the templates are recognized? sorry for the work :-(

EDIT: I think I know why it might not work. will report later, as I am on work right now

2nd EDIT: Nope, it does not work....deleted everything, put it on sd card again, all of your templates are shown, only the one you created for me is not shown..... :-(

2. Sere2001

why does the template contacts 1 show up, altough I have deleted it from the sd card? I deleted it because both folders have the 50 in their name, thought that might do the trick, but again nothing. but if it is deleted, why can I still use it?

3. Sere2001

pk even after factory reset, the new template is not shown, only your normal ones :-( how did you get that to work?

4. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

Sere2001,
    I have assumed that you modified the dvt_check file as well but it sounds that maybe you didn´t?
    The dvt_check file(in the APS zip) contains a script that are executed at bootup of the device. In this case, it copies specific template files from the sd-card to the device. If you have not added a line for you template to the dvt_check then it will never be copied to the device.
    (I moved your template directly to the device Dropbear-style and therefore did not need to modify the dvt_check)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Sere2001

you are right, I did not modify that file. I tried to modify it, replacing the contact template with my "lehrernotiz", but guess what, it did not work ;-) unfortunately my linux knowledge is not good enough / I do not want to brick my enote :)

so as a matter of fact, I will have to live without the template :)

nevertheless thanks for your effort

regards

6. Sere2001

forget what I said, after rebooting a dozen times, NOW IT WORKS....

Thank you so much

7. Sere2001

after using my template for some days, I am keen on creating some new ones. I downoaded gimp, opened the png files, formatted them to grayscale and to the appropriate dpi resolution. I renamed the content of the xml file, the only thing I am missing is what to add to the dvt_check file (at least that's what I suppose why it does not work with new templates)

I renamed the content of the xml file according to the name of the new template, and the icon which is shown in the eee note.

unfortunately, I don't get, which line to insert into the dvt_check, could anyone, i.e. Ramses800 ;-), tell me what I have to write so that the template will be installed?

thanks in advance

8. wubak

wubak Pen Pal - Newbie

Strange, I also needed to reboot my device multiple times in order for the new templates to get loaded. Now they have been transferred to internal memory. Thanks!

9. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

Take the dvt_check that is included in the APS package as example

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /usr/local/eTablet/remount.sh 2>>error.log

cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_001_Lined_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_002_Lined_2/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_003_Lined_3/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_004_Lined_4/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_010_Blank_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_020_Item_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_025_IncidentReport_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_030_Journal_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_040_MeetingMinutes_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_050_Contact_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_100_Cover_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log 
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_110_Chapter_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/APS_120_TOC_1/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log

mv dvt_check dvt_check.txt 2>>error.log
    /usr/local/eTablet/remount.sh 2>>error.log
    Each template needs a line with
    Code:
    cp -R  /mnt/extsdcard/[folder name containing template]/ /eTablet/etc/template/ 2>>error.log
    About the multiple reboot thing,
    the next last line in the dvt_check
    Code:
    mv dvt_check dvt_check.txt 2>>error.log

renames the dvt_check file, making sure that the dvt_check is not executed on the next boot with SD-card inserted.

If the first reboot did not work, try using the "Scan for media"-button found in the EA800 under "Settings" instead.

10. Sere2001

thanks for the explanation.

I did every single step, i.e. formatted the png with gimp, renamed the content of the xml file, renamed the content of dvt_check

BUT, still no success. So if you should have time left, could you take a look at the attached files? And tell me what exactly I did wrong? thanks in advance

Regards

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.