Whitest possible background for notes?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by neonnoodle, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neonnoodle

neonnoodle Pen Pal - Newbie

If I create a plain white png and place it into a note, I can use it for a white background for my sketches. However, erasing causes it to be eaten away and return to the default light gray. Does anyone know how to create a template image which will be as white as the background can possibly be?

2. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

The trick seems to be to convert the PNG to grayscale colour space.
    Remember to change Print Size to 72 DPI as well.

My templates have all white as background(link in signature). I use GIMP to adapt the PNGs(se attached images)

Attached Files:

3. neonnoodle

neonnoodle Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! I installed your templates. I had made a few myself, but for some reason they never turned out quite right.

4. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member

It totally works. Thanks.

5. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

This is great! Will be trying it out this week. Thanks!

6. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

How does one install the Anderware templates? I just received my Eee Note, but I'm not seeing any built in method for adding new templates. Also, do the Anderware templates overwrite the existing ones, or get added to them?

Edit: I figured it out. For others info, you copy all of the files in the Anderware zip to a micro sd card, insert that card into the slot of the Eee Note, then reboot the Eee Note (perhaps more than once if the templates don't show up right away).

7. Sere2001

Sere2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi guys,

I've been following this thread for one month now, since I got my Asus :)

now I tried to alter one of the templates from anderware, without any success, I have redrawn an existing template, saved it under a new file name. but when I try to use it on the eee note, it does not work. Would it be possible for one of you guys to do me the favour and transform my drawing into a eee note compatible template?

I have attached the file, so if anyone has some time left doing this for me, I would really appreciate that :)

regards

EDIT: just in case someone is interested what the template is for, I am a teacher and would love to go from analogue grading to digital :)

Attached Files:

8. Ramses800

Sere2001,
    Since the svg-file(that is the vector format that contains the original design) in the pack you uploaded was unaltered, I am guessing that you opened up the png-file(which had been exported from the vector file in Inkscape) in some form of painting software, redesigned it and hit save?

Unfortunately, most paint applications does not save to the exact png-format needed and as written in previous post some additional work is needed(changing to grayscale and setting DPI)
    I use Gimp to achieve this.

Here is the pack fixed up and working.
    /R

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Sere2001

Sere2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for your work, I really appreciate that. unfortunately, I do not get it to work, rebooted the eee note several times without any success. What I noticed is that there are only 3 files in the package you made, but all others have 5, is there something missing or do I have to rename s.th. else?

regards

EDIT: forget what I said about 3 and 5 files :) everything is there, still does not work, hmm, will reboot the device until it works :)

10. Ramses800

Sere2001, could you be more specific whats not working?
    The contents of the zip I attached to my previous post works on my eee.

Your original zip contained 5 files(including the vector files, **.svg). Since the vector files in your zip was not the ones for your template, I removed them from the pack I uploaded - meaning, there should only be 3 files in that zip
    • Actual template as a png
    • Thumbnail to show in the menu as png
    • content description as xml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.