White wire from LCD where does it connect?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kevinmerker, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinmerker

kevinmerker Pen Pal - Newbie

I have taken a Fujitsu T4220 apart. The LCD is disconnected from tabletPC. There are (3) three wires with small metal connectors a Black, Gray and White wire. There is also a white plastic multi-wire connector, a Black plastic multi-wire connector. And a small white 3 wire connector all coming from the LCD with the 3 black,gray and white wires. There is what I think is a WiFi Blue wire that connects between the Gray and Black wires with the small metal connectors. The blue wire has a matching small metal connector. They all connect near the processor. The white wire with matching metal connector had what I thought was black heat shrink on it. Pictures of the internals show the white wire with black heat shrink connecting near the fan. I just missed where it came from when I took it apart. I thought that it might not be being used and had the black heat shrink covering the metal connector. But I don't think so! So I hope someone can tell me where the white wire from the LCD with the small metal connector like the gray and black wires terminates on the motherboard.Thanks

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It sounds like a wifi cable, and it may connect to a 802.11n card.

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi kevinmarker,

I had some difficulty figuring out what you were referring to, and I think you're referring to one of the two heat probe sensors (one near the processor, the other near the chipset) that have the heat shrink wrapped around the ends.

If you take a look at this image: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3228/img2192il5.jpg

Are you referring to the one wire near the bottom that is the the LEFT of the heatsink fan and to the RIGHT of the touchpad blue/gold thin data cable (and underneath a orange/white cable connected to the mobo)? If so, just put that sucker closest to the processor's heatsink as you can as depicted in the image above. It doesn't "connect" to anything and doesn't have to be perfectly positioned to an exact spec, just close enough. All that that wire is doing is monitoring your processor's temperature before it cuts off the power when it overheats. :)

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't agree.
    Why should a temperature probe lie next to the CPU and then be connected to something inside the display? That would be silly.
    If it is really monitoring the temp, then it would have been connected to the motherboard directly.

It more looks like a third or fourth antenna, which isn't connected yet and thus its connector protected by this black casing or "shrink hose"

Because some newer WLan adapters can use 3 antennas it's possible that this is the third. Maybe it's connected when you use a different WLAN card, like an Atheros.
    The other possibility is that it's the antenna for the optional WWAN module in the T4220.

If you look close at the picture you can see 4 cables. A grey and a black connected cable and a blue and the white not connected cable, but both have the same black casing above their connector.
    The blue cable looks like the third WLAN antenna, the white cable looks like the WWAN antenna.

But it's definitely not a temperature probe. If you open the display you should be able to see, that it's connected to an antenna. Everything else wouldn't make sense.

5. kevinmerker

Yes that is the wire I am talking about. Now next to the procecessor there is a 1 and a connector the gray wire connects there. Then blue wire in middle then gray wire at the 2 connector.

6. kevinmerker