While we wait for the static problem to be solved, is there a.....

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Gautam, Nov 13, 2006.

1. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

...device that would allow me to plug to plug my earphones ( like for an Ipod ) into a USB port? ( Kind of like the usb-ps/2 converter for mice and keyboards )

Short of buying a card for my pci-express slot, is anyone aware of such a device?

Thanks in advance.

2. youngmicroserf

youngmicroserf Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. alphaswift

Sweet! It seems to be getting good reviews around the interweb. I'll run down to Best Buy and pick one up.

Thanks for the tip.

4. First_Tablet

First_Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I’m using some Plantronics USB headsets on my Asus R1F they sound great, so this would be an easy work around for R1F buyers who’ve got the static on the SPDIF headphone out jacks. I don’t know how much these USB headsets with microphone cost but they sound very nice.

About static on headphones? The headphone out jack is SPDIF I assume that SPDIF headphones would work? Do they make SPDIF headphones? On page 19 of the R1F manual they call it a SPDIF combo jack and that one eight headphone plugs should work. But I’m willing to bet the plug only does SPDIF sound gear.....hum

cheers

5. alphaswift

So I ordered one of these.
    It's small, and seems pretty capable. I'll post some thoughts after I get it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

If you still have cardbus (as opposed to Expresscard) I suggest the Creative Audigy 2ZS Notebook. If you have 200$ or so lying around, you can get the Indigo DJ PCMCIA, which is really the premier soundcard. If you are like me and use notebooks for all your audio needs, these are well worth the money.