which web browser suits your tm2 the most?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by soeharyo, Mar 26, 2010.

?

Which web browser do you currently prefer?

1. Chrome

36 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Firefox

57 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Internet Explorer

40 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Opera

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Safari

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidab

davidab Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing has always annoyed me when reading various forums on my TM2 - I couldn't find a quick way of scrolling to the top to get the links (eg the New Posts link) after reading to the end of a thread. I would end up finger scrolling loads of times, or getting the keyboard to pop-up so I could press Ctrl and Home, or even trying to use the scroll bar with my finger.

The solution for me was very simple - configure one of the flicks to be Ctrl+HOME. I used the diagonal up-right for Ctrl+Home, and the down-right for Ctrl+End. I wasn't using these for anything else.

Now I just need to think of something to do with the up-left and down-left flicks?

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I did something similar by setting up the one of the flicks for refresh, have been thinking about scroll to end as well but the refresh flick kind of serves the same purpose as your Ctrl-Home flick.

3. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

As much as I would love to love chrome, firefox's support for digital persona and touch (native) is something I can't leave.

4. marendo

marendo HP tm2 user

Safari 5 works very good in my tm2, and with touch (native) scroll. But is a browser with poor configuration, so for me Firefox is the best.

Greetings

5. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is there any way to get a Firefox/ IE style of tabs in Chrome? because I usually work with quite a few tabs (a lot) and when I switch to portrait mode they turn into little triangles (completely unusable). I like how I can scroll through the tabs and see them at a decent size at all times in firefox. I really like everything else about Chrome though...

6. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

Im using IE9 beta and its defintaly the best browser for touch on the tm2. U should try it. The scrolling is very smooth and it now also has minimalistic design which reduces horizontal space.

Try it, the beta has been stable for me. I had only one clean crash (crash report made and browser restarted itself in previous state).

7. shadowyani

shadowyani Pen Pal - Newbie

Previously, I used Opera, but one too many sites mis-rendered and it was out.

I get stuff thrown at me when I go to my comp sci classes and they spot me using IE9. Just kidding.

IE9 does work very nicely with the TM2's touch without any configuration my part, don't see any reason to use anything else at the moment. Although, I would switch if there was a way to get more zoom levels for pinch-to-zoom. I hate the snapping between 10% increments, its jarring. I like the way mobile phones have that really really fluid zooming action going on.

8. jrmontg

jrmontg Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

The other one I use is IE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.