1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Which tablet has the best battery life?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moviejim, Jul 20, 2005.

1. moviejim

moviejim Pen Pal - Newbie

I have read most of the information on this website and I really like the following tablet PCs:

IBM X41
    Fujitsu T4010
    HP TC 4200
    Toshiba M4

My number one requirement is battery life as I am on the road all the time. I need a tablet PC that can run at least 5-7 hours. 80% of my tasks are email, Internet, Excel and Word. Nothing heavy duty (except for using the wireless card to access Internet) that would draw a lot of power.

The M4 and T4010 are nice becuase I could swap out the optical drive for a 2nd battery. Does anyone know with two batteries installed, how long will they last for the M4 and T4010?

I also notice that the X41 can take a high capacity battery instead of the regular one. Any idea how long it will last?

For the TC4200, seems like a 2nd battery could be installed as well on the bottom (along with the main battery).

Any information would be appreciated.

BTW, when is the M4 review coming out? I have been waiting for it for a long time.....

Thanks,
    Jimmy
  2. blindell

blindell Pen Pal - Newbie

Electrovaya.com
    valence.com
    batterygeek.net

all sell external batteries, so you dont have to choose a talbet based purely on battery life =D
  3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member

4. moviejim

moviejim Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Brian.

Does the X41 last longer than the TC4200?
  5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member

Since the X41 is LV, it will win out by a little bit most likely.
  6. jerryrock

jerryrock Pen Pal - Newbie

The Advueu V800 XPT-2 has a 6 hour batty life.
  7. crussell

crussell Pen Pal - Newbie

but the Advueu is a touch screen isnt it??? not a true digitizer with winxp tablet OS? and doesnt it have the transmeta chip? these issues sure would turn me off...but to each his own
  8. jerryrock

jerryrock Pen Pal - Newbie

The Advueu is not touch screen but a true pressure sensitive digitizer.(non Wacom) It comes with Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 installed as well as 512MB Ram standard. It does have an 800Mhz Transmeta Crusoe Processor which I was kind of leary about when considering my purchase but it has proven to be a very fast and stable processor. I have used this tablet on a daily basis for over a year and it functions flawlessly. I run Adobe Photoshop CS on the tablet which is very processor and memory intensive. I have never had a BSOD on this computer which I cant say for my other 2 computers (Intel P4 2.8Ghz Northwood Processor and Intel P4 3.0Ghz Prescott)
    I can't say enough about this unit! I think I do more advertising for Advueu than the company does!
  9. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

The Acer C314 allows a secondary battery to be placed in the modular bay. I did not buy the secondary battery but I would bet that with the primary and secondary battery in use you have one incredible long-lasting machine.
  10. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member

The X41 combined battery options (the 6-cell + the external battery) would be an excellent bet for your needs.