Which one is better

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Barry J. Doyle, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jokers

jokers Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys:
    I am looking to buy a new tablet pc convertible after my Gateway M275 was stolen. I am right now considering Two kind. One is the toshiba portege M200 and the other one is the Fujitsu T4020. For me I need a decent processor, good graphic card, good quality if possible. I Know i can custimize both of them. I am just thinking which one of these are better. THe m200 has better graphics so i can play some game when bored, but the FUjitsu suppose to have better quality and performance. Please give me some advice.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The M200 is a bit out of date. I think that the newer Fujitsu T4020 with the Intel GMA 900 chipset will offer graphics performance similar to the older M200. What kind of gaming are you talking about. Top demanding titles like Doom 3 would not run on either of these models. On the other hand most popular titles such as Half Life 2 that are a bit less demanding will be playable on the Fujitsu. If you need real gaming power, go with the Toshiba M4 - you will not be disappointed.

3. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree that the M200 is a bit outdated. But if you want a really good machine that is still fairly new, works great, and has a reasonable price get the R15. Or for a little more get the M4 and get better video memory.

4. gxxshock

gxxshock Pen Pal - Newbie

poetdante one question: are you somehow affiliated with Toshiba, or do you just love their products soo much? lol

5. jokers

jokers Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys thanks for the replys. when I mean i Mean games like Empire earth 2 , battle ground 2, and city of heros. Is these games runnable, i dont mind if it gets noisy, just not too noisy. I will not play games in class maybe after class or at home. ANd what are some of the bad features about the fujitsu and the bad ones about toshiba, the terca is too heavy for me. So more advice please.

6. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am in no way assissiated with toshiba other than I have an R15. And yes, I love it very much. And as for games I can play Halo on it. It is the only computer game I have.

7. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Toshiba M200 is a bit outdated, but if you can grab it at a good price it will fulfill your needs. Regarding the Fujitsu T4020, I can't think of any negatives on that machine-you'd be set with that one.