Which Lenovo is best for artists?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by jbomb, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I dumped my desktop and use the Yoga to do video encoding, I'm very happy with the results. I'm using stock clock speeds and thermal settings, I find that while the shift to "Performance" shaves a couple of percent off the encoding time, it's not worth the tradeoff in fan noise (which is still very quiet compared to my old, slow T904)

While single-core performance is only marginally faster than the T904 (10%? 20%? something in that area), multi-core encoding is four to six times faster, and the fans are whisper-quiet.

Starlight5 likes this.
  2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm a total newb when it comes to the intricacies of CPUs and throttling etc. I can only report the results of my benchmark tests (which I've neglected to publish but will soon) that the 720 outperforms the Canvas anywhere from 10% to 570% better.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm still holding on to my fujitsu T904, and wonder if it's worth moving over to AES. I still love the EMR and the Parallax doesn't bother me... not nearly as much as the IAF or jitter. I'm really eager to find out if the new Wacom pen fixes a lot of that. Right now I just have 8gb of ddr3 ram with no room to grow. I mean it's still a good computer and wonder if I hold off maybe AES will be what I want.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. Muzun

Muzun Pen Pal - Newbie

i also will buy a new device for my works. i offenly use photoshop, flash and toonboom. Does any one know yoga 720 13" performance is good enoug for working these programs?

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

What about the Samsung Galaxy Notebook 9 Pro @jbomb?

6. NeonSun

NeonSun Pen Pal - Newbie

I highly recommend the Yoga 720 15 with discrete GPU. It's the most powerful pen-enabled portable I've tested and is surprisingly affordable