Which LE1700 to keep

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by webkrawler, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webkrawler

webkrawler Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I bought an LE1700 about a month ago and it is working great!

My daughter, in her twenties, came to visit and loved the tablet and how the touch screen works with Windows 8. Her laptop is 6 years old ad having problems so I told her I would get her an LE1700.

So I bought one for her but is is quit different than mine. I talked to her and she liked mine so if I wanna keep the one I bought for her and give her mine, she does not care.

Mine is a 1.5 ghz Core 2 Duo 80 gb hard drive with a standard SXGA screen. It also is slightly permanently smudged with dirt around the bezel. Wear and tear and not too noticeable All ports works and it is nice shape except for a fw small scratches on the screen. Small but noticeable.

Her's is a 1.06ghz Core 2 Duo with the same size hard drive. Bezel is VERY clean compared to mine. But, one of the USB ports does not work and it has the View Anywhere XGA screen.Resolution is lower than mine but screen it noticeably brighter. And has no scratches.

So..for the screen..that is the main thing I am looking at....is it better to have the standard SXGA...or the View Anywhere XGA?

Hmmmmm...

2. Ian426

Ian426 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd say it depends on for what both of you would be using your tablets, the most. Are either of you artists? Are either of you in some sort of job or position which would require using it a lot out of doors?

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Agreed. For what it's worth, the viewing angles on the XGA screens are much better-- that always mattered the most to me. I know pixel density matters a lot to others, but I always preferred the ability to view the screen clearly from any angle when I had it flat on a table. Way more important for writing on screen or drawing, in my opinion. I liked the 1700's, but the 1600 screens are better IMO, for that reason.

4. webkrawler

webkrawler Pen Pal - Newbie

We're not artists or anything. Just technology junkies :)

I think I have decided on keeping the XGA model and giving her the SXGA. I also found out that not only does one USB port not work on the XGA but the fingerprint reader also does not work as it does work on the SXGA model.

I like the screen a lot better on the XGA. Of course, in Windows 8 you need a higher resolution screen than what the XGA can provide in order to snap apps. I can snap apps on the SXGA model. But, its just something neat and I might not need to do it that much anyway.

I am not totally decided yet but I have been using the XGA one now for a few days to see how I like it. I do notice a big difference in the screen.

Thanx for the input.