Which is the best tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry... given that you've had a chance to test several of the latest tablets, how would you compare:

1. IBM/Lenovo X41 tablet;
    2. HP TC4200;
    3. Fujitsu T4010;
    4. Toshiba m200

... in terms of...

A. Sturdiness of swivel: rock solid when using in laptop mode or does the screen bounce around?
    B. Comfort to hold? I live in a smaller city where there are virtually no tablets to try out.
    C. Weight and preceived 'heaviness' when holding it. Does the 1 lb difference between the X41 and the others make that much impression?
    D. Best screen to write on. I think I like a more glass like surface in terms of durability, but I don't know how durable the other surfaces are like.
    E. Best screen to look at.

Sorry if the question seem obtuse, but I can't think of a better person to ask!

Thanks so much.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

FYI, I split this off since it's getting off topic, which was the X41 review.

3. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Brian... I should looked for another forum thread to post that question.

I should clarify that the X41 was my tablet of choice, but it's several hundred Cdn more than any other tablet, and I'm now unsure if it is worth the extra outlay compared to, say, the TC4200, which seems like a very solid machine.

Anybody with experience on multiple tablets, please feel free to chime in. Thanks.

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Honestly, as much as I like IBM, I think dollar for dollar, the tc4200 is the best buy on the market in this class.

I'll let Barry comment on some of the specifics, but I've used both this and the X41 in short intervals and think the build quality is pretty similar, externally. IBM has some extra goodies like hard drive protection, which is well beyond what anyone else brings to the table.