1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Which HP process controls the screen flipping?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by drussthelegend, Mar 22, 2011.

1. drussthelegend

drussthelegend Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys! Hope someone can help me out.

I am a proud owner of a HP TM2 (my first tablet) and while I chose not to do a clean install, I am still looking for a way to speed up my system.

To this end, I went to msconfig and removed all HP process from the "Services"tab in the System Configuration.

After re-starting my Tablet, the screen was flipped (upside down) while in the "laptop" mode. (After this happened I went back to "Normal Start-up - load all device drivers")

Unlike before, where the screen would flip while changing from laptop to tablet mode, this function stopped executing.

Does anyone have a list of HP services that should be running in the background for normal operation. And which ones are safe to disable?

On the same note, as I am still trying to speed up Windows...what are:

IconUtility from Alcor Micro Corp
    IAStorIcon from Intel Corp

Are they important?

Thanks in advance for any help!