Which HDD for T4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by hamsterinwa, Nov 4, 2007.

1. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally! Some days ago I got my first tablet, a T4220 (the Fujitsu Siemens one), after waiting for what felt like years. Maybe I'll write a bit more about my first impressions, but I don't have much time right now. :rolleyes:

I've only ordered it with a 80GB disk but I'd like to upgrade to 250GB and I've decided to buy a 5400rpm one. The only problem is that there are several different makes to choose from and I have no idea what the differences are (the stock HDD is made by Segate, but I can't find their 250GB anywhere; in Germany that is).

- Toshiba
    - Fujitsu
    - Hitachi
    - Samsung
    - Western Digital

Sooo, which one? Does it matter at all? :confused:

EDIT: After a bit of further reading (notebookreview and several reviews), I'm also considering a 7200rpm 200GB disk. -> I'm completely confused now. :D

2. lliston

lliston Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the Samsung (don't remember the exact model #) 250gb from newegg about a month ago. It's quite, fast compared to the original 120 gb drive that came with my T4215, and lower power consumption than many of the 250 gb drives. You can check out the reviews on newegg as well.

3. hamsterinwa

hamsterinwa Pen Pal - Newbie

I know that the Hitachi 200GB 7200rpm drive is very propular nowadays, but I was looking at some specs and the Seagate version looks like it might be a better one. They have 2 versions one has their G-force (or something like that) that detects acceleration and protects the platters.

I have the Hitachi on mine, but would probably go with the Seagate if I were buying one today.