Which Display?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brian, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howsbentley

howsbentley Pen Pal - Newbie

Everyone,
    I am shopping for a Fujitsu slate. There are three options for screens types, commonly listed as indoor (transmissive); indoor/outdoor (transmissive) and indoor/outdoor (reflective-front lit).

Question- I will use the slate 80% indoors and 20% inside automobile (not in direct sun, but outside nonetheless).

Does anyone have any input? I am considering the indoor only screen. Will I be able to see the screen when I am in the shade outside?

Has anyone seen the 10.? inch indoor.outdoor reflective front lit display?
    Thanks,
    AT

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, get the indoor screen. It will be readable in the shade, but not perfect. The outdoor displays are horrible inside.

3. howsbentley

howsbentley Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you!
    AT

4. YeeWu

YeeWu Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to highjack your thread howsbentley, but I kinda had a question related to this too (not sure if it's worth creating a thread for).

Is there a comparable difference between the indoor XGA display and the indoor SXGA display, aside from the higher resolution? If one could not get the SXGA, would it be advisable to get the indoor XGA over the indoor/outdoor XGA?

5. bms72

bms72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone compared the xga indoor screen to the sxga+ screen on the t4020? I have seen a few mentions of this, but no real opinion as to if they are of equal quality. It seems that the xga screen is high quality, but I prefer the sxga+ resolution, is that panel just as good?

6. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member