Which Core M device to get?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Allie, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

So size is really not an issue for me, neither is weight, as long as total weight isn't over 4.5lbs I want a Core M device with the longest battery life and best viewing angle and displays. Detachable is preferred.

Right it seems like my choice for a Core M with a proper pens are:
    Fujitsu Q775 - the display is questionable since the T904 had questionable viewing angles, but solid contrast and colors when viewed straight on based on the reviews here.

HP X2 1011- Looks nice but sadly no review. Is battery life good? Can I do like 8 hours detached and 12 attached?

Lenovo Helix 2 - Don't have much to say here, but built quality maybe a little questionable?

Toshiba Z20t - I like the look, but have no need for vga port, but do give a bonus for matte display, but some of matte screens have issue with sharpness? Is that the case here?

What is the detached battery life for each device, and total battery life with the powered keyboard. Can each device use the keyboard even if the keyboard doesn't have a charge? Lastly is there any other Core M devices with n-trig or better pen that I missed(in any form factor)? Thanks a bizzle.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

What are you using the tablet for, and does fan vs fanless matter, because the HP has a small fan, while the Toshiba and I think the Lenovo doesn't. Don't know about the Fujitsu.

Edit: Also, the Q775 isn't a Core M model and comes in at 4.5lbs with the keyboard.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Allie likes this.
  3. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else want to comment about battery life and build quality?

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Battery life is always a huge question mark on Windows. It depends HEAVILY on your usage. Even a small difference such as what browser you use, or even which pages you visit often can have dramatic impacts (hours!). All of these tablets could get you 8 hours under ideal circumstances... or they could kill the battery in a few hours.

Having said all that, these tablets will all be pretty much equal in that regard (besides the Q775 which isn't core M). If you get bad battery life on one of them (based on your own usage), you will get similar numbers for all of them. The only differences will be in battery capacities (Whr, which I believe are similar across at least Helix 2, z20t, HP) and screen brightness.

My recommendation among these would be the z20t.

5. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have the whr for the tablet and batteries for each device? Because that tabletpc excel doc doesn't.

6. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

On the Venue Pro 11 7140, it was +- 6 hours from the tablet battery, 45 Whr battery if I remember. Notebookcheck.net's reviews give you this kind of data. It ran a bit hot holding the tablet.

What repulsed me was the 16/9 ratio. On a laptop approaching the 13' screen, you can display 2 document's pages side by side. Is it the purpose of a 16/9 tablet ? I'm always surprise no more people complain about it.

Allie likes this.
  7. Suikoden

Suikoden Pen Pal - Newbie

All the pen models I've tried pale in comparison to the Surface Pro 3... which isn't Core M. And to above poster, the 7140 has a stock 36 Whr battery, (plus an additional 24 from the mobile keyboard). Still gets amazing battery life though, I routinely get above 20 hours on a charge between the two - probably the best battery life setup of anything out there in the ultraconvertible form factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.