Which are the main flaws of eeeNote to be corrected? (to be heard from ASUS)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by eeeKnot, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domee

domee Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered an EA800 today and really hope ASUS keeps offering new firmware frequently - at least for a little while longer.

Is it true that you cannot have the music player running while reading? This would be very stupid and I'm wondering how anyone responsible for the design of such a product can possibly miss this obvious point... :confused:

2. burgerproductions

burgerproductions Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this mean that you can currently look up words in the Reader mode by highlighting them and going directly to the Dictionary? Don't tell me this is another extra that the Italian eNote doesn't have. I really don't understand why Asus cares so little about updating the firmware for the Italian market. It's not exactly good advertising.

3. Nym

Nym Pen Pal - Newbie

This, at least in the italian version, works:
    Just go to the music player, start a song, then hit home with the touchpad, and go load an ebook or open the note. It just pops a little icon on top, just like the voice memo app, it even works with the browser.

4. domee

domee Pen Pal - Newbie

that sounds promising :)
    thanks!

5. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

Already given, but the major flaw I can find is that the "paragraph annotation" tool in Viewer mode does not allow freehand notes. What I would like to do is to select a point in my document, and have a whole note I can fill at that point. For instance, when reading a math document, I like to give myself a few examples of the concepts introduced; this I can do only in a very narrow space (even in 400%). This is really bothering as this is an essential part of studying, which is, AFAI, one of the reason the EeeNote was created.

Other major flaws in my experience are:
    - No annotation possible in landscape mode,
    - The tools of Notes (link Fountain, and the diversity of sizes in erasing) are not available in View Mode, (This is utterly crazy.)
    - No way to attach notes to a pdf (except, maybe, tagging),
    - Linux support is missing (FFS, this is a Linux thingy, it should be compatible with Linux!)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot: give the source of the softwares in there. Heck, they don't want to add the functionnalities? We can.

By the way, OP, did you take the time to report those to ASUS ?

6. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

It more or less does what I bought it for.. a device to create and save written notes.
    The rest is basically nice to have.

One of the things that would make life easier is an easy way to save and sync notes to an online storage/cloud that isn't evernote (like Ubuntu One).
    Also it would be nice if Asus encouraged more devs to work with this device. The more devs the more powerful this device can become.

7. wubak

wubak Pen Pal - Newbie

- Note folders are a must. My menu is getting cluttered with notes that can all be grouped together.

- Lighter background for note-taking would be great

- better calibration to account for pen use around the edges

- Ability to quickly jump between notes and books without having to go back to the menus (a task manager)

- Automatic syncing to evernote (and dropbox!) when connected to a network

- Ability to send full notes to the sd card (right now you can only transfer one page at a time)

- When adding a tag to a file, present a list of all previously used tags, so I can just click on one instead of having to retype it.

- Allow me to move files between the internal memory and sd card without connecting to a pc

- Sync software and drivers for osx and linux!

Guess that's it for now! It's a great device, but adding these features would make it perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.