Which are the main flaws of eeeNote to be corrected? (to be heard from ASUS)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by eeeKnot, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffgtx

jeffgtx Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like it if the soft touch buttons became active again after i leave notes.

it currently turns them off when i enter notes, but stays off after i leave.

2. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

+ for activating touch buttons after leaving notes, cause it's annoying to turn them on every time i switch back from notes.

also it will be great to have white color in notes, so you can use any tool as an eraser (espeially highlighter and preassure sensitive pen). the color wheel will be the best even it's grayscale.

the layers will be the heaven for artists, when you can have a rough sketch on the first layer, then make the detailed one on the next and just delete the rough instead of using that large eraser tool.

i want to use my eee note for sketches and lack lots of features i have in drawing software on my tablet pc.

i hope they will add more features after the us launch

3. maidenone

maidenone Pen Pal - Newbie

some one needs to port mypaint...

4. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member

"home" link in music player

5. Bzz

Bzz Pen Pal - Newbie

why is the background in the notes grey?
    It should be as light as possible...
    White when exported to PDF.
    The contrast on the screen is not good enough to allow for a grey background :p

Also, word lookup in dictionary when reading a book should be done by clicking on a word, not highlighting it...
    (Like in the kindle app for android)

6. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

actually it is white, you just cant get lighter background, cause eee note has a grayscale lcd (not e-ink) without any backlight. to make it lighter you have to change the screen (hardware) and it will definitely change the price ;-)

7. Bzz

Bzz Pen Pal - Newbie

The background is not as light as it can be. try choosing some template in the notes app, then press the menu that changes the pen style. It's lighter than what you write on.

and besides, the notes, when uploaded to evernote appear grey, including the "paper". that's bad for printing...

8. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

oh, really, i even haven't noticed it cause i made my first sketches (recieved my device 5 days ago) on the graph paper (can't see much difference through lines). also i don't have evernote.

the problem is in templates - they all are grey. you can edit them and install via dvt_check script i think. i'll try to do it tomorrow

i've found it hard to get notes templates out of the device on windows machine :-(

9. acidplac

acidplac Pen Pal - Newbie

From an artists perspective..

Detailed work is hard to achieve as you cannot see any cursor while the pen is hovering above the screen (like wacoms traditionally work) - and calibration is never 100% accurate. For artists needing detail, an option to show a -small- brush tip preview while hovering would be a great help!!

Also I strongly feel that the pencil needs to be able to draw much lighter, as even when pressing as lightly as possible, the line is still quite dark. Underlying sketch "form" lines that result are in turn too dark.

10. jeffgtx

jeffgtx Pen Pal - Newbie

when waking the device to the password entry screen, automatically have the keyboard pop up. don't require ment to tap on the entry section.

(yea, minor...)