Which 4 gig RAM from Crucial?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by nwflyboy, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

It has the same timings. If you like, I can post screenshots from CPU-Z.

2. brother_funk

brother_funk Pen Pal - Newbie

Screenshots would be great. Thanks!

3. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

My T2010 CPU-Z Info

CPU
    [​IMG]

Cache
    [​IMG]

Mainboard
    [​IMG]

Memory
    [​IMG]

SPD
    [​IMG]
    Slot #2 says exactly the same thing as Slot #1

4. nakedape

nakedape T2010

powowcow, I bought the same GSkill RAM for my T2010 and I've been getting blue screen crashes relating to win32k.sys. After some Googling, I found that this error CAN be a RAM timing issue. I've gotten 3 blue screens since I bought my T2010 3 months ago.

My question is, have you or anyone else with a T2010 and those low latency GSkill sticks been getting any BSOD?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you run Memtest86+? If this does not report a failure then the RAM normally has no failure and works with the tablet.

6. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

All of the sticks you installed are the same right? As in you didn't purchase 2 gb from the manufacturer (1x2gb stick) and then purchase 1x2gb stick from GSkill? Are they seated properly?

7. nakedape

nakedape T2010

Yes, all the RAM is identical and properly inserted.

I have not run Memtest and I lack an external drive to boot it from. However, I realized that my Intel GMA driver was outdated. Updating it may help if the problem lies in the shared RAM GMA X3100 is using. I keep thinking I don't need an optical drive but if I get another BSoD ill have to buy one. Frank, have you ever gotten a BSod with your T2010?

8. Frank

Yes, but this BSOD was related to the tablet PC buttons driver, which can crash the tablet if you use them in a strange way.
    I also had a BSOD after I installed the latest Intel graphic drivers and wanted to play Warcraft III. This was a Warcraft III - Intel T&L bug, downgrading the driver to an older version which had hardware T&L support solved this.

So I had a few BSODs since I bought the tablet PC, but only caused by the above mentioned factors.

9. maxout

maxout Pen Pal - Newbie

hay guys i am new to this upgrade thing but i have T4220 and its about 8-9 month old.

i i think i have T7300 and it uses same "DDR2 667 MHz SO-DIMM"

i know that my computer has 1gb ram and its 512 + 512 so if i buy 2GB ram and installed in 1 slot can i still use the 512 + 2 = 2.5gb ??

b/c i think i feel like buying 2gb during this winter sell they have on newegg..

also 1 more question

i have installed ubuntu/linux and i want to know if linux has limitation like windows of 3gb cap. and you won't be able to use any more.. does linux have any cap like that.???

thank you.

10. Frank

Yes you can use both the 2gig stick and the 512MB stick together, this should work, but then you will lose Dual Channel. RAM is not that expensive at the moment, so better get 2x2GB.

And every 32bit system has this cap. So both Windows 32bit and Linux 32bit will have this limitation.
    You can install Vista 64bit or Linux 64bit to get access to all 4GB.
    Linux 64bit is a bit more difficult because it's possible that you'll have to compile some rare drivers for 64bit yourself, but you only have to compile them. kpvic did this, he tried installing Ubunu 64bit on his HP2710p:
    Ubuntu 64 bit drivers
    Virtulization
    So if you already spend so much time with Linux, why not spend the same time with the 64bit version :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.