Where to purchase a modular battery?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SirReddSir, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirReddSir

SirReddSir Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got a T5010, and thus far love it! It's everything I was hoping it would be, but think that a little extra battery power might be a nice thing (running Photoshop and the like really eats power). Anybody have any suggestions on where to purchase it?

I've done the Google search, and have found as low as $85 (for a like-new one... but it disappeared from eBay before I got a chance to get it), and new ones around $130.

Anybody know of any good battery sales sites?

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If you want a reputable dealer, I highly recommend Laptop Authority. I believe the guy that runs that store is Armen. I got my modular bay battery from him.

I'd keep trying ebay. That's probably where I'll get my next set of batteries. Unfortunately you probably won't see many smoking deals on lightly used batteries out there since the T5010 is still a fairly new model built on a brand new platform using unique batteries in a very small market segment.

3. random715

random715 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just checked ebay and they have modular bay batteries for several tablets for around 70$ including the T4220 (which is why i checked). I was wondering if anyone knows about how much extra battery life i should expect to get from a modular bay battery. 6-cell, 10.8V 3800 mAh. I have a 2.2 ghz processor, upgraded my hdd to 500gb and upgraded my ram to 4gb.

4. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not personally had a good experience with Chinese batteries in eBay. It would be a disgrace to put a Chinese battery in such a beautiful machine anyway.

5. leaftye

Those ebay batteries look like original Fujitsu parts so you should get about the same as me. For your estimate just count mah's and do the math. I'd guesstimate about 40% more battery life.

6. rjoudrey

They may look like them but don't perform like them. They usually contain 20% less than the stated mah.

7. leaftye

rjoudrey, what in the hell are you talking about?? I'm sure you're trying to be helpful and that's appreciated but we're talking about Fujitsu branded batteries. Please stop blathering about Chinese batteries. You may be correct about some Chinese batteries, but that not at all relevant to a discussion about Fujitsu modular bay batteries.

8. SteveMC

SteveMC Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't suppose anyone knows of a source in the UK for the modular battery? - or failing that, what the Fujitsu part number would be? (it seems to be hard to tell from the online stores whether it's a modular bay or regular one).

Cheers,

Stephen

9. rjoudrey

Sorry, but there are a lot of counterfeit branded batteries on eBay. If the price seems to low it is probably is a counterfeit. I could not find a modular bay battery anywhere less than about $125.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.