Where To Buy / Warranty

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Bogie, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zygomatic

zygomatic Pen Pal - Newbie

Didn't see anything specifically on this subject, so sorry if I missed it and posted again. I was wondering where people bought their R1Fs and what kind of warranties did you get and recommend. I'm from America, so from what I've read Asus only covers 1 year plus the 30 Day Zero Bright, etc., I've read it. Does it make sense to go with a reseller extended warranty? How long? I saw the cheap R1F on PCSuperDeals, but to get one with XP Tablet anywhere else is another $130 or so. I just don't want to get screwed with a bad seller just to save a little money (especially since this is my first notebook/TPC purchase). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The R1 has a 24 month global warranty

3. TonyZ

TonyZ System Engineer

Just to add to "alphaswift" there are some resellers that can extend the warranty to 3 years.
    Some of these are 3 year warranty's are through Asus Global, while others are done through the reseller.

4. zygomatic

Yeah, but I read that in the USA it's only a year, plus it doesn't cover everything. I hate how warranties are gambles. Basically I have to figure out if the chances of something catastrophic happening are worth spending a couple hundred extra. Are there any places that have physical locations to take the tablet into? It would really suck to be without a computer if I had to ship it around, especially if they take a long time to do it. I checked Reseller Ratings and PCSuperDeals seems kinda' sketchy. Has anyone dealt with them? I really want to get a tablet, but I don't want to rush into a huge deal...

5. Bogie

Bogie Pen Pal - Newbie

The USA warranty is 2 years global. I bought mine and it clearly states that.
    There are many dealers out there that offer just few bucks more from the one you said, no need to stick with one retailer.

6. zygomatic

What other dealers? I don't want Vista. I'm not locked into a dealer just yet, but I want to get the best deal but still get good service, etc.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you tried asking MilestonePC.com?
    They advertise and post frequently here.

At the moment they are putting together an R1F 'special'.

8. zygomatic

I looked at them, but they're a little pricy for my taste. I was looking at BTO Tech and their rating is pretty good, anyone have opinions of them?

9. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sometimes it is safer to the dearer route than try and save a few pounds/dollars.

Does cheaper bring you peace of mind should anything go wrong you will have a good customer relations.

10. Bogie

Bogie Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought at excaliberpc, as good price as the one you said.