where to buy the 4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gtsai2, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abicio

Abicio Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been researching buying the T4210 for a while here. If you have a particular configuration in mind you can get into contact with laptopauthority.com and ask them what they would charge for that config. I also had superwarehouse.com do this and they calculated it with a student discount. To give you an idea here's the config. I requested from laptop authority and their estimate....

LIFEBOOK T4210,INTEL DUO T2500, XP TABLET PC, 1 YEAR, DL DVD WRITER,1GB,120GB (5400RPM) SATA HDD,MODEM,GIGABIT LAN,ATHEROS WLAN(ABG),BLUETOOTH,12.1 XGA INDOOR (AE3CJ1E507830000)

Fujitsu MSRP: $2,329
    Laptopauthority.com: $2,174 + $10 shipping.

I'm sure your config would be even cheaper.

2. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

What code is this all I could find was 5%.

Lord knows I need to save the money for real books.

3. subq

subq Pen Pal - Newbie

yep, a code would be nice, trying to figure out a good place to purchase my t4210 right now...I am customizing it a bit though

4. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

I am trying to get the prebuild version with the indoor outdoor screen, which place has the student discount?

I just looked at superwarehouse and can get the top version + modular battery for 2334 with next day shipping. How much is the student discount?

5. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

I called around to SW, New egg, and Fujitsu, but the only one with a student discount was Fujitsu and it was a mere 5%.

6. PYROTAK

5% is a super lame student discount. The small business section has a 10% discount.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If there are any UK members here who have been considering a purchase and are unsure where to look, there are a few suppliers who openly advertise the T4210.

However, there is another supplier who as yet although is not publically advertising this tablet, they most certainly can get it in.
    This company is named Clove.co.uk

Clove are predominently a PDA and GPS hardware/software supplier. However they have recently started to advertise a few Fujitsu laptops & tablets as well.

What seperates Clove from the remainder is they way they operate and the attention to detail in ensuring their customers are kept well informed.
    I am a member of staff on another board, a PDA board and in that board Clove play a vital part in communicating with the members. They believe it is best to talk to them direct in the forums where the members share their views.
    This has given Clove an enormous amount of trust and respect which clearly has worked well for both parties concerned.

I have known and dealt on and off with Clove for around 16yrs.
    Not once have I had any cause to query their intent or integrity.
    Chris Love the owner and founder (hence the name Clove) is a family business run shop based in Bournemouth UK.
    Being a family run organisation, you feel as if when your query is being taken, you are not just a stastistic or number but an actual person, with views, opinions and needs.

There rant finished...... I just wanted to share this amongst any of our UK flock. :)

8. subq

subq Pen Pal - Newbie

PYROTAK, where is this small business discount?

9. PYROTAK

I am pretty sure I read that someone on the forum bought it from fujitsu direct and got a 10% small business discount without even having to give the tax id.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.