where to buy the 4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gtsai2, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys - i've been lurking around this forum for quite a while now, and have decided on the fujitsu t4210. I plan on getting a 1.83 and adding ram on later. So where should i buy it from? I can get it directly from fujitsu, change the ram to 2x256 and save 20 bucks, add on a modular battery, and upgrade the hd to 80 gigs for a total of 2054...but i have a code to save 10%, which would bring the final price down to about 1848.

My question is, should i go ahead and buy it directly from fujitsu with my current configuration, or should i just buy from newegg or some other reseller? Will changing the ram to 2x256 and upgrading the HD cause a significant delay of shipment? Where else can i get a modular battery and how much will it cost if i dont order directly from fujitsu? thanks

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2x256 ?
    Don't you mean 2x512MB (or larger)?

You don't need to shop directly at Fujitsu ~ indeed you will find a better bargain if you go direct to one of the retailers.

As to the modular bay battery and the additional RAM, these are both available and should take only just a few days to order.

3. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

i planned on getting the cheapest ram (2x256) and then swapping out for 2x1gigs. At newegg, the 1.83 price is $1724...however for $1848, i can get a modular battery and an 80 gig HD...not to mention the free wireless router/1gig flash stick....hmm

4. P8RSON

Sorry but I just can't see the sence in taking out the 512MB and inserting 2 x 256Mb in place.

5. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

gtsai2 wants to do this because he/she is talking about selecting the 2x256 option if he/she orders directly from Fujitsu, which is the cheapest RAM option available... and why get anything more expensive if you plan to upgrade it with 3rd party RAM anyway.

So, gtsai2 is not planning on actually removing the 1x512 and buying 2x256 to replace it.

6. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

its cheaper...i save 20 bucks by doing that....20 bucks that can go towards a 1gig stick, cuz i dont know how much i could get for the 512....

anyway, besides the point...what do you think about the purchase directly from fujitsu? is the 10% off making it worth while? (it would be 1866 with a single 512)

7. P8RSON

Thanks..... I now see.
    The UK spec doesn't cover this, only a single 512MB stick and I never thought of an option to have 2 x 256MB sticks.

Would it not be cheaper in the long run to just order the tablet with the 1GB stick or is it that finances dictate at the moment it's simply not an option?

In talking with Fujitsu Siemens UK, all parts for the UK will be readily available by the 24th July.
    Although they could not speak directly about overseas stock, I was informed the modular bay batteries have been shipped from Japan and should be available to worldwide stockists this coming Friday.

8. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

all i know is that to for memory in dual channel mode you need two sticks. I think im just going to go for the 2x512 action since i don't forsee myself needing 2gb of ram. Nor do i feel like bothering with ordering ram from newegg. Becuase eventually im going want to get 2x1gb anyways.

9. Abicio

Abicio Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey gtsai2, is that price with the resulting tax? The tax issue is why I decided not to go with buying direct from Fujitsu.

10. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

eh..good point. $86 worth of tax - didn't think of that...So newegg woulnd't charge the tax? hmm...well upgrading ram directly from fujitsu is wayyy more expensive than say, ordering a 1gig stick off of newegg for 75 or so. I planned on buying two sticks and have them intime for when the tablet is shipped so i could swap them out..

....but after all this tax business and maybe the delay of shipment, i'm thinking i should just go with the newegg default configuration, then add ram, buy a modular battery later, and get stuck with the 60gig HD. So i have a question. I'm here in the US..when and where can i get a modular bay, and how much is it going to cost? To buy an additional modular bay directly from fujitsu as an "add on" when you purchase your tablet, it only costs an additional 134 dollars. Will the price be the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.