Where to buy replacement SurfaceBook keyboard/base ???

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by carmamir, Apr 7, 2017.

1. carmamir

carmamir Pen Pal - Newbie

So as my keyboard was stolen Yesterday, I have contacted Microsoft about it, they have refused to sell one :(
    As SB is on the warranty they've promised to check with someone "offline" (???) and get back to me.

However I assume that they do not care about their clients (the most basic replacement keyboard/base should be up for sell as it is integral part of the experience).

Is here any one who knows where I could buy used/new/refurbished (doesn't matter the layout, could be even Chinese) ???

Did anyone was in similar situation ? What Microsoft did ?

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Not that I know of. I even checked eBay again right now. No listings of bases at all. Recommendation: Check Craigslist for bases. That is the number one spot where thieves dump their hot merchandise. There, I have never personally seen a base for sale. So if you spot one now being sold on its own on Craigslist in your general locale or region, it is likely the thief who stole it from you. In that case, do not take matters into your own hands. Contact the local authorities so they can safely arrange a way to catch the thief in the act.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I assume you meant "Where to buy SB keyboard/base after mine has been stolen ???"

Because I hope you're not trying to buy a stolen base!

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  4. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

Hahaha funny joke guys. It would be really funny if someone said the answer to where to buy stolen ones... as a joke, you know?

5. carmamir

That is a stupid question to ask. I think that many of Surface Books were damaged (it is a big glass screen, you can find a ton of other tablets with cracked/damaged screen) so there should be some market for used keyboard.

When you are looking for CPU, are you looking for a stolen ? What about used phone ? Also stolen ?

That is a really weird idea.

6. carmamir

It happened in UK. Police here is a joke so I wouldn't bother to contact them. I would even pay the thief just to get it back. Still would be cheaper.

7. carmamir

ROTFL

I WAS WAITING A WEEK TO HEAR THAT THEY CAN'T SELL IT !

I guess with SB 2 they won't sell stylus or a charger.

I am done with Microsoft and their hardware.

There are a jokers and nothing more.

SB is going for sell or to trash and I will use a normal proper hardware from a company that knows how to treat customers.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

What if you drove over a keyboard and it was out of warranty? No dice? Sounds dumb to me.

9. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

I guess the part that Microsoft has no replacement keyboard docks is why he is royally ticked. I don't blame him. It is a simple part they could provide if need be and you would naturally expect it what with it being such a premium-priced product and all.

JoeS likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. I'd be pissed too.