Where to buy (online ??) a Fujitsu Siemens T4215 with T7400 or T7200 processor, SXGA screen and Vista Business???/ continued..

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by returdesign_se, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mefistofelico

mefistofelico Pen Pal - Newbie

Where to buy (online ??) a Fujitsu Siemens T4215 with T7400 or T7200 processor, SXGA screen and Vista Business???/ few questions on features that (to me and my understanding) make Fujitsu T4215 a winner vs Lenovo X60

Dear forumers,

will try to be clear and to the point despite the title.

For your info, answers and help I am writing from - and living in - Italy.

1st question is:

“where am I going to find (online???) a Fujitsu Siemens T4215 with T7400 or T7200 processor and SXGA screen”?????

it seems that my “dream” machines, availability being proved by all the reviews read on this forum, are unavailable in Italy and Europe (since I’d prefer a tablet in Italian/English, this limits the countries I could buy from).
    ITALY: The only top configured T4215 sold in Italy is currently the Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz with 12.1” TFT screen
    EUROPE: The only top T4215 sold in Europe (actually England, haven’t been looking for really much) is currently the Core 2 Duo T7200 2 GHz, 12.1" TFT active matrix - 1024 x 768 ( XGA ), Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (it says Windows Vista Premium Ready)

So……..

a) since I want the best configured tablet, guess I should go with the T7200 or T7400 processor. am i right?

b) is the SXGA screen really better than the XGA screen, also considering that I might not use the tablet under direct sunlight (maybe outdoor, but certainly not under the sun)?

c) if, let’s say, I were to go for the one in England (XGA screen though), would it be easy to install Windows Vista Business or Ultimate (some friends suggested to wait for the service packs)?

Going to the 2nd part of my thread (and after reading a few threads), the following are the features that do make, in my mind, the T4215 a winner if compared to Lenovo X60

d) processor speed does make the T4215 a winner. Being Lenovo mostly dedicated to Business man (mostly email, internet, light graphic and office users) and thought to weight the minimum possible and last the longest possible, it will never use Tprocessors but only ULV or LV processor (not as fast as T processors). Did I miss anything or am I wrong?

e) Screen wise it seems that Lenovo has the best screen (either XGA or SXGA), but what about the T4215?

f) Talking to a friend who’s working as a Server-Hardware engineer, he told me that FS features a higher quality if compared to Lenovo. Is this true?

Thanks for your help,
    Mefistofelico

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi mefistoelico,

You can find a Fujitsu online-shop straight from Fujitsu Siemens Italy, here.
    Or from an International Reseller, like Laptop Authority, here. Be sure to look for either the T7200 or T7400 and 1400x1050 in the specifications.

a) Either the T7200 or T7400 is the highest currently for the Fujitsu T4215.
    b) Outdoors, the image on the screen may fade outdoors, but should be still readable. But, yes, under direct sunlight it is unreadable.
    c) Definitely, as long as it is either Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate Edition - these editions have the Tablet PC functionality built in. Be sure to visit the Fujitsu Siemens website for the Vista drivers. It's subjective for users to wait for the Service Packages or get it now, whichever meets your needs.
    d) The Lenovo X60 Tablet PC uses the ULV or LV to lower the clock frequency of the processor to save on battery life. Regardless of the lower clock frequency it comes with a 4MB L2 Cache.
    e) The T4215 comes with either the XGA or SXGA+ screen, as you also state, the X60 as well. However, the X60 SXGA+ has a wider viewing angle screen than the T4215 SXGA+ screen.
    f) That is true. Lenovo, for some reason, has to delay most, if not all, shipping of their notebooks or Tablet PCs alike due to some sort of manufacturing delay. Some owners are still reporting that once they order it, their delivery date is pushed back and pushed back further. Since I'm in the U.S., I do not have any on-hand experience with Fujitsu-Siemens, just generalizing those who have had business with FS from other posts. I'm sure they will reply here with their experiences. :)

3. Kattinka

Kattinka Tablet´s??? Yes please...

Hello,
    We had the same problems, finding this machine in Europe with the high resolution screen and the core two duo processor.
    After contacting Siemens Europe and knowing that this computer will not be available in Europe with the same specs we ordered our Tabletts ( 4215 with SXGA and T 7400 with 2.166 GHZ) at www.laptopauthority.com It worked perfect. The company owner ist very helpful and the Laptops were delivered within 4 !!!!!! days!!!!!!! The company prepares everything for export tax to europe, it works with FED EX absolutley easiely and the delivery is about 100 Dollars. Comparing to European prices, the notebooks have been much cheaper because of the low exchangerate at present.
    B) It seems to me that the screens of our 4215´s are not very good outside, worse than "normal" notebooks. I think, it might be the screen protector which makes the screen fade even more!
    I work often outside but covered under a balkony so that the light is not coming from the top. Thats alright than but not really comfortable!

C) VISTA.....thats an thread on its own.... Lets put it this way:
    If you like playing and spending some hours finding solutions, searching forums for answers and drivers etc....its great, you learn a lot: Put it on!!!!

If you expect a working system without any trouble...leave XP on for now!!!!

We have got Ultimate on both Machines. It runs, but there are a lot of problems, we think its worse than XP was, when it was coming out new!

E) Only one more word to the high resolution screens. As often said here in the forum, its a question of taste.
    My husband is absolutly fond of it and it sure has got a lot of advantages. You get more on the screen etc....

For me personally, I have got trouble reading things as the fond is rather tiny tiny tiny....in my case it leads definaltely to headaches....!!!
    I was already changing the resolution back to XGA but Vista mixes the screen settings up everytime you go into hibernation mode... ( ...if it does hibernate under Vista!!!!)
    You should maybe try this high resolution before ordering one...I wouldn´t get it again! But thats only my oppinion!

F) We ordered X 60´s and stepped back from the contract after three month of waiting time and still no delivery date!!!! We are nowadays glad, that we did it as we consider the 4215 the bether machines.

4. mefistofelico

mefistofelico Pen Pal - Newbie

SimsHsia and Kattinka,

many thanks for your helpful replies.

I got in touch with laptopauthority and they were really helpful. Am seriously thinking to buy as soon as possible from them.

Mefistofelico

5. returdesign_se

returdesign_se Pen Pal - Newbie

Be aware of custom taxes if you purchaise outside of EU.
    It hurts when few weeks after delivery you get a custom bill on 25% of order value... (I live in Sweden, it probably less in Italy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.