Where to buy + international warranty?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alola

Alola Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm from Belgium... And I think I finally decided on the Fujitsu T4215 - along with many others I can see :) .
    However, they do not sell this model on the Belgian market (yet?) - and it would be cheaper elsewhere anyway, as we have a 21% VAT rate normally...
    But can you guys recommend any webshops? I would like to customize the t4215 and I would probably get the modular bay battery as well... Also, I was wondering whether the 3 years warranty will work from here; what do I have to do when something is wrong then?

Thanks and kind regards,
    Hase

2. Robert

Robert Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in Switzerland and bought my T4215 from Laptop Authority (http://www.laptopauthority.com/) in US. They also do customizations like the one you're interested in. However mine came standard with only 1 year international warranty. If I'm not mistaken you can buy more. Alternatively you can get it from UK distributors, which come with 3 years standard.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And if you do it will be a Fujitsu Siemens tablet.

4. Alola

Alola Pen Pal - Newbie

and where do I find the 'UK distributors'? fujitsu.co.uk or something?
    btw I have a friend in Oxford now, she will return to Belgium soon - so perhaps I could do without shipping costs...
    P.S. is there something wrong with Fujitsu Siemens? Is a Fujitsu as such perhaps better?

5. P8RSON

For tablets, you don't.
    The European label for Fujitsu tablets is developed and sold under Fujitsu Siemens.

You obviously have never read any of my posts when talking of FSC.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Fujitsu Siemens.
    As far as I am concerned, FSC products have the slight edge over their Fujitsu cousins.
    Both are built very well but FSC do use slightly more costlier and better components ~ as in the Atheros is fitted in the T4210 whilst Fujitsu uses Intel and FSC use Seagate hard drives whilst Fujitsu use Fujitsu hard drives.

Finally, again whilst both companies have excellent customer and tech support services, FSC are just that one bit better at liaising with their customers.

6. Alola

Alola Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for your kind replies!! P8rson, I have actually been following (at least) some of what you have been saying about FSC, but I just could not follow the explanations on Atheros and Intel - however, now I know Atheros is the better choice, I know what I'll be choosing :)

My only 'problem' is that it is much cheaper from laptopauthority with extended warranty and an additional battery, whereas the UK shops charge me 200 euros more without the battery and shipping costs...
    I think I'll wait till January; perhaps the Fujitsu Siemens version will be available in Belgium by then...

7. P8RSON

Basically the Atheros utilizes 108Mbps routers and hubs and has better range and connection hits.
    Even when used with a 54Mbps router, it will sustain better connections, greater distances and performance over the Intel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.