Where to buy Asus R1!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech_Engr, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Mech_Engr

Mech_Engr Pen Pal - Newbie

hi to everyone, I m a newbie in this forum but i have been reading this forum for last 2 months and I have few questions to ask.First of all I m an Engineering Student and I live in montreal ,canada and I have clearly decided to buy asus R1 (no questions on choice!!) but I m confused :confused: about few things as follows:

Questions:

1. Is it the right time to buy Asus R1 now with all problems like static , pen scrating, or battery diminishing loaded with windows XP or to wait for new Asus R1 with complete windows vista.

2.Where to buy in canada (montreal if possible) or is there any store which offers financing like 12 months no payments no interest(coz i always buy computers like this from futureshop or bestbuy and i pay everything in a year)

3.If I have to wait for a new version of Asus R1 ,what would be the expected time length for that ?

hoping to get best answers from all you asus gurus.thanks :) :)

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I can answer 1 & 3 for you.

1. There won't be an updated R1F for quite some time (if ever). The present model was only released in Q3 last year.

3. ASUS have not shown any intentions of releasing information on a second tablet (the R1F is their first), or an updated R1F and I doubt very much if they will release any hardware updates.

3. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

1) Currently from my understanding, the Static is the only real issue people are dealing with, plus the rotate screen button that seems to be acting up, plus some minor amount of driver related issues.
    In my opinion the pen scratching is nothing to be too concerned about, you can easily rub away the scratches yourself, or just put a clear tape around the pen to protect it from the silo.

2) We are selling the R1F (If your interested send an email), We are also based in Canada. There are other resellers aswell, so this is up to you to decide.

3) The only information I know of the future model is of the R3 which is based off the R2H. I haven't heard of an update or new tablet.

If you feel like waiting, I do know new models will be released during Feb/March, but none of them are tablets.

However, since this is the first Asus Tablet, there hasn't been much talk of a refresh or anything of that sort yet.

I hope this helps.

4. Mech_Engr

thanks very much P8RSON

5. Mech_Engr

I think you answered all my questions and I have heard lot about your store and reputation . But as I have already mentioned ,I am a student so I m looking for any financing options and I gues if u can offer that ,this would be my last question about ASus R1.
    Thankyou very much!!

6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

I have only heard positive things about Milestone PC. That is a good bet for price and customer service.

7. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

I personaly can't asnwer the your question about financing, but sending an email to Danny (the owner) he will be able to answer your question. Currently Danny is out of town due to a family issue, :( So if he is unable to reply to your email, post here and I will see about what I can do to help you, with regards to financing.