Where to buy 4 gigs of ram for T5010?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by michaelws, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where is the best online source for ram for the Fujitsu T5010?

I want to upgrade to 2 banks of 2 gigs? Not sure what I should be looking for or where? Where would be the best price?

I looked on the fujitsu site and it has "2 GB DDR3 1067 MHz Memory" for the T5010...but I noticed that the item below was exactly the same but the specifications were for models other than the T5010.

So that confused me a little. I am not very hardware savvy so I could sure use some guidance here from someone who knows.

Thanks for any help with this.

2. random715

random715 Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased my 4gb from www.newegg.com. I paid roughly 45$ in the summer for my first 2gb stick and another 25 just last week. Great ram at a cheap price and perfectly compatible. i had DDR 2 though, not DDR3

3. Castolom

Castolom Pen Pal - Newbie

T5010 meant to run with DDR3. It provides faster performance and consumes less power (read longer battery life). Fujitsu is also known to be very picky to the brand of the memory that you are using. The computer might show that it has 4GB RAM in BIOS (or 3.2GB in Windows due to Windows limitations, except for the 64-bit version of Vista), but it might not actually perform to the 4GB capacity due to the quality of the memory chips. We tried and tested many brands and found a couple that perform correctly with T5010 100% of a time. We sell 2GB sticks at $89 (Fujitsu sells them for $179), you need two of them. MSG or call me and I'll see what I can do on the price.

Regards,

4. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

5. michaelws

Thanks for the tips. Castalom, I appreciate your offer to help me with a possible discount...but with the prices at Crucial and newegg for 4 meg-kits...someone would have to explain in a bit more depth why I should pay more than twice the price those outlets are charging.

I am very sincere here. If LaptopAuthority offers ram that is twice as fast as the others, then that would be a legit reason to invest the extra money.

I use my t5010 for Painter X and Photoshop exclusively and if the more expensive ram will make a noticeable difference then I will definitely consider it.

thanks again to all for offering help and suggestions.

6. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

Basing this post entirely on Castalom's previous post, the crucial link I provided is the same RAM which Castalom is offering; DDR3, and compatible with the T5010. I dont believe the RAM he is offering is different, other than perhaps in brand and price.

7. michaelws

Thanks for the info Digs_nz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.