Where is the updated Samsung Galaxy Book 12???

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DRTigerlilly, Aug 7, 2019.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well....they didn’t claim the wattage of the Core i5.....they could always go back and say they were referring to the 4-6w Core M5’s which were rebranded into the Core i5 line.

But on the topic of the law of physics applying.....maybe it’s ARM time for that to no longer apply.....at least that was the case with Apple....that core i5 rivaling A12x bionic chip

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would love to have Galaxy Tab (Android) + Book (Windows) Dual Boot 8" with the same form factor of the Galaxy Tab A 2019 but with more memory, a bigger disk, nfc, flashlight, fingerprint reader. It could become my unique device, a real allinone.

nnthemperor and Tams like this.
  3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm of two minds on the A series chips.

On the plus side, they feel and seem really fast and Apple seems to make fairly large strides in performance with each generation whereas with Qualcomm, some times yes like the current 855, sometimes not so much like with the 820.

The biggest advantage Apple has I think is that RISC (which really is the precursor to the A series) is much more in their DNA than anybody else going all the way back to the Power PC and the Newton (arguably the A0 chip). Not to mention the ARM like chips used in their ipods.

That all said, the real test will be when/if Apple releases an A series based Mac especially if somehow it can run Windows. There is far more and better testing software on those platforms than anywhere else and that will really show if "core I5" performance is real or not.