Where is bluetooth wizard on t5010? need help!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by michaelws, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just bought a bluetooth Frogpad...a bluetooth half-keyboard. I bought it second-hand. Seems to work perfectly but I cannot get the 5010 to recognize it. My 5010 is about 1 year old and has Vista Business installed.

I have followed the pairing manual from frogpad but the tablet doesn't bring up the windows mentioned in the instruction. I even spoke to the Frogpad folks directly...they offered to walk me through...but I was not able to bring up windows, like a bluetooth wizard after clicking on "bluetooth devices" in the control panel.

Has anyone had an experience like this with the 5010 or similar make? I sure could use a hand trying to get this little device up and running.

thanks for any assistance or guidance on this.

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I think you can open it from the control panel.

3. michaelws

One is supposed to. I tried but could not find the wizard. Nothing in the control panel even remotely looked like it was searching for bluetooth devices.

Thanks for the reply leaftye

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Maybe you disabled it? I had trouble getting BT to run a while back because I disabled a bunch of stuff when I first installed Windows. Good luck getting yours to work again.

5. michaelws

Does anyone know the process for checking to see if bluetooth is disabled on a fujitsu t5010...and how to enable it if it is turned off?

And will the bluetooth device in the control panel on this tablet automatically bring up the wizard if it detects a device?

Again, thanks for any help.

6. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

My guess is you are still using the Toshiba bluetooth stack. The guides from Frogpad manual must have referred to the standard MS Bluetooth stack.

Can you find a bluetooth icon in the notification tray? (or just do a start menu search with keyword 'Toshiba' or 'Bluetooth') double click it and there you can try to pair (add new device) the keyboard and see whether it can detect your frogpad as HID.

Go to Device Manager to check whether you BT device is disabled or not. The hard switch of the BT is the same as Wi-fi (i.e under the light indicators)

7. michaelws

Thanks Razz,

I was at work today, did not bring the frogpad...but I saw the Bluetooth Device icon in the tray and double clicked on it and got the wizard. So I will try that. I then went to the control panel and double clicked the Blouetooth Device icon and simply got the window I first described. So I will try the wizard in the tray.

I assumed the hard switch was the same as the wifi...as it appear to be the only switch.

Thanks a lot for the help. I hope it works.

8. michaelws

Yea! It worked....the icon from the tray...thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.