Where did you buy your Fujitsu from? (Canadians especially)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Vomeo1691, Jul 27, 2009.

?

Where did you buy your Fujitsu from?

1. Fujitsu (Directly from Retail Store)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fujitsu (Order Shipped)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Ebay

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Third Party Reseller via PriceGrabber etc.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vomeo1691

Vomeo1691 Pen Pal - Newbie

Trying to decide whether to trust online services like Pricegrabber.com or to buy direct from Fujitsu. I dont have much experience with buying stuff online, so I'm a little hesitant.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the product when sold from resellers like TheNerds.net or NextWarehouse?

Note: This would have to be transported to Vancouver, Canada.

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

a good and reliable online shop, which ships worldwide and also custom configured machines is Laptop Authority.
    I bought mine there. They are fast, knowledgeable and friendly.

One of their personnel, Armen, also is a member here: Castolom

You can send them a request to see if it fits your needs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. mistah_g

mistah_g Pen Pal - Newbie

I also vouch for Laptop Authority.

It was especially nice because I ordered the T5010 when it just came out, and it took the Fujitsu Canada website longer than usual to start taking orders for it. So ordering from Laptop Authority meant that I could get the T5010 right away -- school was about to start so I needed it ASAP.

As well, Armen provided great service and did a really good job answering all of my questions.

Recommended.

4. Dev1ant

Dev1ant Pen Pal - Newbie

I too vouch for Laptopauthority.

Their Fujitsu warranty is cheaper for some reason and the price overall is as well with our high CAD dollar. Shipping was a reasonable $65 with a $5 FedEx paperwork fee(I had them sort everything out). You can basically customize any way you want (well, not any way).

lol, I remember mistah_g's thread asking where to buy it.

5. Wufbam

Wufbam Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently (last month) purchased a T5010 from DirectDial.com. It was a custom machine--took just under two weeks to build and arrive on my doorstep. T5010's are not in stock anywhere in Canada unless you want that one default configuration, so pretty much everything is a custom order.

Personally, I had a satisfying purchasing experience, but I will admit that it may not be for the timid. DirectDial's product database is a fairly uninformative dump of whatever their suppliers provide them with, and their staff, although very friendly, didn't know much more than there was on their web site. I actually learned to decode the Fujitsu model numbers in order to buy exactly what I wanted. Yeah, I'm geeky that way. :cool:

With respect to quality... assuming that you're buying new (not used/refurbished), there's no difference between stuff sold by resellers and stuff purchased directly from Fujitsu. Their distributor literally took the Fujitsu box, packed it into a slightly larger box, and sent it off to me. Okay, there's one difference: I saved a few hundred dollars. :rolleyes:

6. biggysmall2

biggysmall2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine on ebay. I was able to get a very good deal on it vs the retail websites. I then bought ram and a 320gb hd for about $100 total as an upgrade. Definitely felt like I was taking a chance, but it came in a sealed fujitsu box, and it's even better than I thought it would be. I can't believe I agonized over it vs an HP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.