Where can I buy VivoTab 810 in UK?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dowelkdraw, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dowelkdraw

dowelkdraw Pen Pal - Newbie

the tablet+keyboard appeared on the UK PC World and Currys sites for about 30minutes Thursday night before Xmas. Specs didn't include the pen, 8mps rear camera and stated "no applications". Price £699. Then Not Available. Next day nothing on either site. Have checked several times via phone and email with PCW. They can't find any reference to the offer!

According to a pull-out in STUFF magasine featuring the , in addition to PCW/ Currys, John Lewis and Amazon are suppliers too. Again, contacted JL but they have no information when /if they'll stock the VivoTab. Nothing on Amazon.

Have set up google alerts, but all content relates to the RT or to USA where lucky people are using them- with good reports, as per this forum. Does anyone have any info on where I can buy one in the UK? I'd like to join in!

2. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd been doing daily checks on Google for around a month when I spotted them on the PCWorld website on the Friday before Xmas. I immediately ordered one and collected it from the store next day. I count myself lucky. As you say, they disappeared soon after and I've not seen heads nor tails of them since.

Best advice I can say is keep checking. Laptops Direct and Debenhams Plus have them listed but the availability date keeps getting pushed back.

3. dowelkdraw

dowelkdraw Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks Breed. I've just placed an order with DebenhamPlus with possible delivery about 22 January. Cost was £742. Ouch. Presumably you got yours from PCW at £699? If they come back at that price before mine is dispatched I'll get one and cancel mine.

Have you found any issues yet? Any advice on a drawing package for use with the Wacom pen?

dowelkdraw

4. Breed

Yep, £699 at PC World. There's a few niggles which are mainly just driver issues, after updating them (have to get them from other manufacturers, as ASUS don't seem to even know this device exists) they've mostly disappeared. Very happy with the device so far. Can't comment on any drawing packages unfortunately, I don't use the Pen. Had a mess about in Paint with it when I first got it, but haven't touched it since.

5. Breed

Amazon UK now have this listed for £699... but the release date is the 1st December 2013! Say what?!?