Where are the Wacom drivers?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Steve B, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I went to their website to reinstall my tablet pc drivers, and their site says they have none. Can anyone else confirm this? Does anyone have the most recent driver available so I can somehow download it? I contacted Wacom but they haven't responded. I've been without Wacom pressure sensitivity since Thursday morning. :C I need it for work.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Until you can get better information from Wacom, I'd suggest that you try one of the Cintiq 12WX drivers for Win7:

Product Drivers

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I'll give that one a shot. Hadn't thought of using something for a different item. Weird that's there's nothing there for tablet pc's with win7 huh? It's always been there before. Don't quite know what to make of it.

Can I use a driver from the europe or asian wacom websites? Are they really any different? Don't want to go around screwing up my machine, but it seemed like an option as well.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Hadn't thought of using something for a different item...>>

Steve: The Cintiq is essentially the "front end" of a tabletPC (just produced as a stand-alone product). Cintiq pens are compatible with tabletPCs, and vice versa. The only issue is how the Wacom digitizer in your tablet interfaces with the motherboard. If an internal USB connector was used (and that's frequently how it's done), then there is a high probability that a Cintiq driver should work. If it doesn't, you can always re-install your existing driver (or uninstall the Cintiq driver and roll back to your previous driver)...

<<...Can I use a driver from the europe or asian wacom websites...>>

...Possibly, yes, but I would start with US sources first.

Good luck...

6. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there. On the german wacom site you can still get the driver (multilingual) for tabletpc:

Wacom Europe GmbH

7. MooseHat

MooseHat Pen Pal - Newbie

I emailed Wacom support about the missing drivers, and the customer care technician asked around. Her response seemed to indicate that Wacom isn't aware that they support Tablet PCs (specifically they don't support the x201t), and they don't know when or if the drivers would ever reappear (or if they even exist anymore). This seems directly counter to the evidence: The TabletPC drivers existed on the site prior to a recent redesign, the European site has a multilingual version of the drivers, and there's even a "TabletPC" section in the drop-down.

So basically, you can buy a TabletPC, but good luck getting the drivers necessary to use the active digitizer. Both sides seem to have dropped the ball on this.

8. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

My personal experience with WACOM is that they are very responsive..They pulled the driver as new driver will be posted soon. version 702-21 is what we are using now for ASUS EP121.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.