Where are the Wacom drivers (X61)?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ShacharWeis, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShacharWeis

ShacharWeis Pen Pal - Newbie

For some reason I can't find Wacom drivers for my Lenovo X61.
    I searched Wacom's website, but under TabletPC there are no drivers !

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Their site seems to be down for some reason (major site maintenance, or something)

I uploaded the latest Wacom driver (7.0.1-8) to RapidShare a few days ago https://rapidshare.com/files/458828996/Wacom_701-8_driver.zip (this is the driver I'm using currently, and it is the driver that would have been available on their site)

I uploaded a 100% legit .exe file (the exact one I used) in a .zip format; you shouldn't have any issues with it

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. dupain

dupain Pen Pal - Newbie

There are no drivers under TabletPC from the USA Wacom website but if you choose their European website for exemple one can find the "Driver 7.01-8 RC for Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP Tablet PC Edition"

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

BTW, Agent 9, you're awesome. Used your upload, and you saved me, man! Thanks! :)

And, man, where the hell is Wacom? What a seriously important thing to have down for a week.

5. MooseHat

MooseHat Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think Wacom's site is down...I think they've stopped supporting TabletPCs:

I emailed Wacom support about the missing drivers, and the customer care technician asked around. Her response seemed to indicate that Wacom isn't aware that they support Tablet PCs (specifically they don't support the x201t), and they don't know when or if the drivers would ever reappear (or if they even exist anymore). This seems directly counter to the evidence: The TabletPC drivers existed on the site prior to a recent redesign, the European site has a multilingual version of the drivers, and there's even a "TabletPC" section in the drop-down.

So basically, you can buy a TabletPC, but good luck getting the drivers necessary to use the active digitizer. Both sides seem to have dropped the ball on this.

6. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yea? and I can get people on the line from various companies telling you that they no longer do such and such, or that doing a certain task was impossible (like yahoo help people telling you that they can't complete the mail recovery [that has to be done within 24hrs] and that you should call them back in 25 hrs -which is after spending a few hours talking to them!)
    My point is, you get idiots in each company that have no clue what is going on, and would rather tell you something so you go away (some customer care!)

Wacom isn't "halting support on Tablet PC's", but they are being stupidly slow about putting new drivers up (maybe they are trying to work out how to get a driver to work on a older system, and one of the newer Pen + 5 point gesture touch systems without issue [if so then I am grateful we don't have drivers that are causing major issues for the moment] IDK, who knows what they are thinking... whatever the reason is, it isn't because of something good, just keep that in mind)

besides you can still get the Wacom drivers from your manufacturer for your brand new purchases (they already have the drivers, and are going to be shipping with working drivers)

Still though, this is a strike against Wacom and their reputation :\

7. rickzor

rickzor Pen Pal - Newbie

Agent 9, i am 3 yrs late but can you repost the link to the sharefile for the wacom driver? i recently reformatted my x61 to upgrade it to win 7.

Steve S Comments: rick: I'm not sure that Agent 9 posts here any more. His last visit to the forums was in late 2012...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.