When will there be a wacom supported 14 inch core duo tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcjb, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floron

floron Pen Pal - Newbie

YAY!!!

thanks nfwolfpryde! I would of hated to find out that i'd been waiting all this time for the Asus in vain...the lack of an nvidia card is a bit of a disappointment, but i suppose it'll help with the battery life...

2. floron

floron Pen Pal - Newbie

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What annoys me so much is as is always the case here..... The US will be getting this Tablet but there is no sign of it coming to the UK (ASUS UK didn't even know it existed).

4. marbles

marbles Pen Pal - Newbie

Typical.. living in Australia I find we also get a very limited amount of models, and the newer ones take forever to arrive, if they are ever released here at all.

5. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

If it makes you two feel any better, Asus US (Asus International as they call it) doesn't know that it exists either. And we only have 1 notebook sales person here. I tried calling them today.

"I'm out of the office for a buisness engagement. I should be back on the 24th. Please leave me a message." <-On the 30th.

6. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

Gateway has 14" core duo tablets... dunno if they have the wacom digitizer though.

7. mcbfd

mcbfd Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know if the toshiba m7 using wacom?
    can some one find some pictures of the m7 taking apart as well?

8. jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex Pen Pal - Newbie

The R20 is confirmed to have Wacom (Listed as "Wacom Serial Pen Tablet") and is 14" widescreen.. So it would be a fair bet that the M7 would since they are basically the same machine.

9. Celemourn

Celemourn Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a big ole negative, bro. They use FinePoint's digitizer. Actually, I think they are just about the only client that Finepoint has right now. Indicators are that the Gateway digitizer is "CST continuous sensing technology". This is the same tech that FinePoint uses. Wacom actually emits an RF signal, then switches to read mode, then emits, then reads, then emits, etc, etc. Go check out finepoints website for details. The pen is battery powered rather than battery free, as Wacom pens are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.