when shall I buy a tablet PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poetdante, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwen61

gwen61 Pen Pal - Newbie

as to performance, M400 is indeed promissing and core duo is pretty hot these days, however, the review on this site about m400 is so frustrated.
    while the compaq tc4200 has quite a good reputation

2. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie

What do you mean the review here about the M400 is frustrated?
    Im yet to read the review on this site, but I have seen many many forum posts just praising the M400 - I dont think I have seen one negative comment about it yet.

3. Daring

Daring Moderator

I think it is a little early to pass judgement on the M400. Most owners have only had theirs less then a month. After several months when the honeymoon is over then we will start to see more realistic reviews. While the M400 also does have Core Duo as an option, that prices it well above many single processor tablets.

Of course, it is up to you, but I used to be a bleeding edge user, I have since decided that I'd rather someone else do the bleeding and I'll just do the using. I love to test machines/software (part of my job), but for my day to day business I want a fair degree of certainty that the machine is stable. While I have no reason to believe that the M400 won't be a fine machine, as Toshiba makes several other fine machines, I'll take a page from the financial sector "past performance does not guarantee future results."

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm glad I took the risk and tested out the r15. Sure I did 6mo of research on it...but I had never been a big laptop user before and a tablet was asking for a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.