When is the best time to buy one

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Max, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max

Max Max

After reading the R1F reviews I’ve pretty much decided to buy one. I did decide to wait until it’s available with the new OS, not the upgrade, so I’m still waiting a little longer for the R1F K018E, but would like to order one soon. In a past thread on this forum, 02-20-2007 “Is R1F still worth is” someone said there’s talk about changes to the motherboard.... In a retail store I just looked at a Toshiba for around $1500, with 2 gig ram, probably upgradeable to 4 gig, with a 160 gig HD. For me it would be nice to be able to later install a larger HD in the R1F K018E and maybe 4 gig of ram, but I don’t think the R1F K018E bios or motherboard will accommodate this at this time. Is there any information available as to If or When the R1F tablet might be available that could handle a larger HD, or other improvements worth waiting a little longer for. Thanks,

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well the threads are talking about new mobos & bellypan, so some of the problems you've been reading about have been addressed. I think Asus ships with 120gb hd's in some markets so you may want to look around. That said, the drive is standard so swapping it out for another drive is easy.

The motherboard will accept 4 gb of memory, you just need to be willing to cough up a huge chunk of change for a pair of 2 GB sticks.

3. Max

Max Max

Thanks for your reply. Sometime in the future, a 120 gb hd will be nicer. Realizing I can do that later I will be ordering a R1F very soon. Looking forward to & hope to find the tablet feature useful and not just a novelty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.