When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released? 2018? early 2019?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by godofiron, Jul 27, 2017.

?

When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released?

1. 2018

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. 2019

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. 2020

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Not in our lifetimes

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Technically it is a Wacom given HP bought the pen components from Wacom. Even their driver software for the express keys is near code copy of Wacoms own express key software. It’s a Wacom in everything but brand. And given how Wacom clearly knew of the ZBook x2 way before it was ever announced on the net.....I think the ZBook is precisely why we don’t have a MSP2 yet. Given they make money from the ZBook in compent sales and HP can easily push way more inventory then Wacom can.....Wacom might very well be making more money from the ZBook then the MSP.

Alayna likes this.
  2. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

Now that the 32" has shipped the countdown should be on for the MSP2, right?

3. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

That right. Start counting down from a zillion

4. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I tweeted them and they flat out told me there were no plans right now. Usually, they would just not respond but if they were announcing at CES they would want to dump the inventory but its just wishful thinking. I used to be mad at Wacom prices, now Im just more mad at Apple.

godofiron, artistebot and YVerloc like this.
  5. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

Yikes.
    Reminds me of Monty Python’s The Cheese Shop sketch

6. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I might just move to an iPad. This is taking too long and most I cannot see investing in a MSP v.1 at this point, even discounted.

7. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

quite honestly my friend, if you're looking for a portable option for digital art, I would STRONGLY recommend the iPad.

I've been using my ipad Pro 2017 12.9 inch for a full year now, and it has been the best purchase i could have made regarding my art. it's significantly cheaper than wacom's equivalent, super light and portable with good battery life, enabling me to work pretty much anywhere with ease, and its brilliant for presenting my completed illustrations and artwork to clients because it has a large and impresive screen.

It's hard to recommend the mobile studio pro at all now - I certainly no longer care about any sequel they might have planned.