When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released? 2018? early 2019?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by godofiron, Jul 27, 2017.

?

When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released?

1. 2018

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 2019

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. 2020

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Not in our lifetimes

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

When did this release? Fall 2016? Its not quite time if they can get Coffee Lake processors in there. With the Cintiq Engine, they are showing no signs of getting out if the hardware biz. I'd love a fall release with an updated GPU and a bit more options when it comes to Ram and such. Honestly, no device aimed at professionals should have an 8GB option. Ditch the 3D camera as well. Nice idea but how many people are really using that?

godofiron likes this.
  2. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd think that with the coming of the new cintiqs and the engine pro, it might actually be a while before they feel pressured to release anything new, as far as mobile computing is concerned. might actually be next year, now.

3. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope not, my laptop is dying and I need a replacement. They have been announcing products early, I hope to hear something soon but fall makes 2 years. That's a long time for a tablet computer. Give me that coffee lake without the 3d cam.

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if they'll literally use the same 4k IPS panel. I really hope at least one of the models offers an OLED. I guess there's no hope at all for microLED; the last I heard, it might not reach consumer availability until well into 2020. All they have is that Samsung TV prototype.

Sometimes I painfully regret having completely forgotten the Galaxy Book 12 existed when I made my purchasing call last November, but I don't know.

I guess if we could be graced with OLED in an MSP, it would only be for the 13" models. I can't even tell right now if there are any OLED displays north of 12" for tablets. A quick search only yields TVs. And last I heard, Samsung is the only one who can make them reliably, hence Apple having to commission them for iPhones.

I really can't wait for the age of LCD filmic backlighting to be over. It's been like 15+ years, right? I'd love to have virtually zero nostalgia for CRT ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Next year at the earliest.

Being a former Wacom Compainion owner I am happy with my HP Zbook X2. Built like a tank.

IMHO I don't trust wacom mobile devices to be reliable.

FYI the HP control panel for the Zbook X2 is almost identical to the wacom one, I actually updated the HP panel using the wacom update...

Shizaru likes this.
  6. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah actually I'm way off with an earlier tentative observation. There are 15" OLED-equipped 2-in-1s from HP and Lenovo, at least.

Really just think this needs to be the single most important next move for them, but I don't know all the facts. I'm even reading the latest AMOLEDs basically match up to LCDs on lifespan (something about having 100,000 hours).

7. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I like the X2 but the screen size is too small. Wish they had a bigger model with that aspect ratio.

8. tonybot3

tonybot3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd say early October. The current model just went down 300 bucks on their website, and that is how they usually do things. Clear out the inventory, then launch the next one.

9. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I have always been in the 2018 camp. I don't know if a MSP 2 would be impacted by the mainline Cintiq issues. I imagine they are different production lines all together. I wouldn't think those delays would hold up delivering an MSP 2 launch if they were ready.

10. Olivier A.

Olivier A. Pen Pal - Newbie

I would be very interested about a feedback of your Zbook X2, in comparision of the Companion.
    Maybe you have a thread or something about it.
    Are the Express keys efficient ? What about the feeling of the pen, the battery life, and is the Quadro good for gaming ?

I'm pretty sure Wacom will release a new Mobile Studio Pro in january 2019.

Cintiq Companion 1 was released in september 2013
    Companion 2 in january 2015
    Mobile Studio Pro in november 2016

So each time we have about 1 year and half.

Maybe with Thunderbolt 3 on the high-end model :)